Valuations and Pricing, Senior Associate
AIS (Alternative Investment Solutions) division provides fund accounting, administration, tax, compliance and middle office trade support services to hedge fund managers. AIS combines its experienced teams of trained financial service professionals with sophisticated software development talent to create a superior trade support infrastructure that features Straight-Through-Processing (STP) and real-time information. Valuations/Pricing Associate will work within the Valuation group and will be responsible for operational duties of pricing derivative products.
What you will be responsible for
As a Valuations / Pricing Senior Associate, you will
- Support the group in providing NAV and Operations teams with client portfolio pricing
- Perform daily production tasks in an accurate and timely manner and maintain all required controls to ensure overall accuracy
- Perform the necessary due diligence to ensure all pricing inputs are received, reviewed and analyzed before pricing
- Identify, research, and address breaks exceeding set tolerance levels
- Work in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other shared services and Client Operations to ensure seamless valuations according to the policies
- Support the research and resolution process for exceptions and queries
- Maintain production procedures documentation
- Propose changes to procedures aimed at reducing risk, manual inputs, and increasing efficiencies
- Prepare, review and validate checklists with a focus on accuracy, detail, audit trail, and timeliness
- Continuously expand and improve knowledge of financial instruments
- Cross-train with team members to broaden the knowledge of the group’s functions and for business continuity
- Participate in and contribute to unit project initiatives
- Monitor for and identify production issues and escalate to management as required
- May perform other duties as requested
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role :
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Aptitude for analytical skills
- Good knowledge of financial products
- Strong attention to details
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in finance/business/economics/accounting
- 2+ year of related experience
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.