2022 Winter Internship
What makes us PwC? Our purpose, vision and values are what connects the more than 284,000 people in 155 countries across the PwC global network of firms and helps distinguish us in the marketplace and with our clients. We provide industry-focused assurance, tax, and consulting services to build public trust and solve important problems.
We’re looking ahead and evolving to be ready to bring our knowledge and expertise to address critical issues using innovative technology. Guided by our purpose and values, we’re focused on helping you reach for your full potential and do work that makes a difference for our colleagues, clients and society. Our purpose transcends the bottom line, brings humanity to our services and is critical to engaging our people to positively impact our clients, society and each other.
The only way we can tackle the challenges of a fast-changing world is with people like you. At PwC, it’s about the impact you can make as part of an amazing team of people. You bring diverse experience, background and perspective that shape the value you deliver in your role and the personal meaning you find in your work.
Simply put, our purpose comes to life when you live yours. At PwC, it starts with you.
PwC currently has a number of 2022 Winter Internship positions available across our Assurance, Tax, Risk Assurance, and One Firm Services lines of service in Hong Kong. Please see below for the list of open positions and the job descriptions:
1. Line of Services: Core Assurance and Actuarial Services
Our Assurance winter internship program provides opportunity to experience work and life at PwC. During the internship, you will be exposed to a wide range of work and clients, and will be expected to make a valuable contribution through:
- Working on different live projects - to gain client and project exposure
- Coaching and Mentorship – to get timely feedback from your “career coach”
- Networking with professionals – to share information, knowledge and experience
- Return offers to performers – an opportunity to plan ahead for your future career
2. Line of Services: Tax – General Tax
- Provide tax compliance and consulting services to clients in one of the industries: retail, financial services, trading, technology, manufacturing, transportation or logistics
- Work with a team of professionals on cross-teams and regional tax advisory and consulting projects, such as public listing, merger and acquisition, group restructuring, transfer pricing study, operations review and tax dispute resolutions
- Structured training will be provided equipping you to become a professional advisor
3. Line of Services: Tax – Global Mobility Services
PwC regionalised its GMS practices in China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam into a new regional business with effect from 1 July 2007.
The combined business will provide personal and expatriate tax compliance and consulting services; pension and social security compliance and consulting services; international and mobility services; employment regulatory compliance and consulting services; immigration services; and employee reward advice and planning.
- Assist clients in their individual income tax compliance obligations, including preparation of individual income tax computations and returns, and handling correspondence with the respective tax authorities;
- Advise on tax considerations in individual income tax efficiency planning;
- Advise on international mobility, reward and employment related matters, e.g. visa and work permit; and
- Maintain client relationship (maintain daily communication with client and respond to client's request on a timely manner).
4. Line of Services: Tax – Tax Technology
The Tax Technology team is responsible for all technology-based business solutions for the Tax division in the China and Hong Kong region. Moreover, the team serves as a contact point and liaison for other territories within as well as outside the Asia-Pacific region in relation to tax technology. We work closely with both the tax professionals and IT specialists within the Firm to support the systems life cycle of concurrent tax technology projects so as to deliver best-in-class technology-based business solutions.
- Understand business and client needs and derive business requirements
- Perform systems and/or proposal comparisons and evaluations with engagement team
- Assist in planning and tracking projects tasks and timeline
- Perform testing and handle related issues during development and implementation of software projects
- Collect feedback on software projects after launch
- Handle ad hoc task as assigned by Supervisor
5. Line of Services: Risk Assurance
Business today is increasingly complex – from the way organisations are managed and structured, through increasing integration with business partners and service providers, to the ever greater levels of reliance placed on underlying information systems and business processes. In addition, new regulations – domestic and international – are placing a greater emphasis on the effectiveness of internal controls, and this often requires independent assurance. You will provide value-added insights that help to improve system and business control effectiveness across various organizations. Working with our leading clients in key industries in the Risk Assurance team, you will gain exposure to:
- Conduct reviews of IT general computer controls, business process / application controls and cyber and IT security
- Assist clients in identifying and assessing business process controls, and linkage to IT systems, including complex systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle, etc.) and underlying technology infrastructure
- Perform internal audits and provide specialist services for Internal Audit Departments
- Assist organisations to improve internal controls and process efficiency, and mitigate risks
- Different types of consulting assignments such as business process & compliance reviews
6. Line of Services: One Firm Services – Integrated Urban Services
As an Intern, you will:
- Assist project manager to provide support on client assignments that help to deliver effective public policy
- Support project manager and work with clients to identify, clarify and resolve their strategic and operating success issues by thoroughly preparing for and conducting interviews, gathering required data, executing required analyses, identifying issues and problems, and recommending approaches to address them, testing quality of data and reconciling data across sources, presenting facts and evidence in meetings and serving as an effective support resource to team in internal/external meetings
- Assist project manager and work with project teams to prepare proposal and bidding documents and conduct market search, and perform data collection, compilation and analysis
We are mainly looking for year 2 and year 3 students (intended to graduate in 2023 or 2024) in all majors. Successful applicants should demonstrate:
- Enthusiasm towards our client services, possession of relevant experience is an advantage
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and open-mindedness, willing to learn
- Good organisational skills, be able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Leadership potential and qualities in being an influencer
- Willingness to travel abroad for out-of-town assignments
- Ability to work under pressure and flexibility to work longer hours if needed
- A strong command on Chinese and English
- A knowledge of Putonghua would be an advantage
- Positive energy and drive for success
- Special Qualifications of Line of Services: Assurance – Actuarial Services
- Majored in Actuarial, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance, or similar disciplines
- Special Qualifications of Line of Services: Tax – Tax Technology
- Proficiency in ASP, .NET ,C# , JAVA or any kind of programming language
- Functional knowledge of SQL and object-oriented coding methodologies
- Demonstrate understanding of different software development life-cycle methodologies
- Strong organizational and analytical skills to research, compile and clearly present information and data
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities and tight deadlines
- Hands-on experience with system design, implementation and quality assurance is a plus
- Eager to explore new technology in a business environment
- BSc / BEng in Computer Science, Math, Physics or Engineering is preferred
- Special Qualifications of Line of Services: Risk Assurance
- Strong interest in developing your future career in IT auditing, cyber security and data analytics
- Business acumen and appreciation of the use of IT systems, technology infrastructure, networking, etc.
Visit https://www.pwchk.com/en/careers/students/internship.html to read more about the Internship program and review the contents. Click on the “Opportunities” section, select your position, and click "Apply Now".