FID - Front Office Electronic Trading Risk Manager - Vice President
3176602 - FID - Front Office Electronic Trading Risk Manager - Vice President
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading
From the largest global institutions to innovative new hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instruments including stocks, bonds, derivatives, foreign exchange, and commodities. Our professionals provide liquidity and content to clients around the world, actively assessing and managing risk, trading securities, and planning and executing transactions in the fast-changing markets. As the needs of our clients become increasingly complex, we often develop customized solutions.
Morgan Stanley’s Fixed Income Division (FID) is looking for a senior front office Electronic Trading Risk Manager to partner with the heads of the Division’s electronic trading businesses. Responsibilities include ensuring business growth initiatives are rolled out in a risk-controlled manner and integrity of our electronic trading systems.
The Electronic Trading Risk Management (ETRM) group’s primary responsibility is the integrity of these electronic trading systems and protecting the Firm against e-Trading issues.
ETRM is responsible for;
- Collaborating with business heads through provision of risk guidance and approval for all automated trading strategies and electronic trading related business initiatives.
- Designing, implementing and monitoring of innovative electronic trading control solutions (e.g. fat-finger and runaway algo prevention), which includes enabling business development in a risk-controlled manner.
- Provide subject matter expertise and direction as it relates to interpretation and understanding of trading, regulatory and trading venue rules
- The Global Limit Manager (GLM) system which provides pre-trade controls, owning the system and responsible for monitoring on a real-time basis.
- Advising FID desk heads on e-trading control and limit structures.
- E-trading regulatory matters
The ETRM group are now looking for a self-starting, articulate, ethically minded, control focused individual with the ability to apply existing knowledge and experience to this specialised area. The individual will need to be able to articulate their logic and implement risk decisions within their remit. Ideally, the candidate would have a background in and understanding of electronic trading of Fixed Income based products and must have the ability to stay calm, clear and measured under pressure.
Success in this specialized area of expertise requires the following competencies:
- A technical mind to understand the complex trading technology infrastructure
- A control focused approach that includes making appropriate risk decisions in a time pressured environment
- Solution driven approach to identified issues
- To both learn quickly and teach others on the workings of both systems and processes
Areas of responsibility will include:
- Partnering with business leads on e-Trading business initiatives
- Review and approval of electronic trading platform implementation
- Setting of trading limits and defining appropriate limit structure governance
- Regulatory reporting governance
- Conducting risk reviews of sales and trading applications
- Reviewing application and engine behaviour against internal policies and external regulatory requirements.
- Leading new products approval process
- Technical e-Trading reviews
- An understanding of and interest in the broader business and regulatory environment is necessary.
- Ability to interact and build strong relationships with stakeholders across teams, functional boundaries, and with clients.
- Ability to recognize and manage conflicting priorities/expectations across multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge & experience of Fixed Income products is preferred. A good understanding of the front-office processes is also preferred, particularly:
- Electronic Trading Governance
- Regulatory requirements
- Regulatory Reporting
- Experience in financial services in building, supporting or auditing front office sales and trading systems; or some experience in management of technology led projects and understanding the complexities and issues that result from such initiatives.
- Capability to perform data analysis and have a strong willingness to learn new technologies.
- Strong multitasking and organisational skills.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.