Senior Manager, CFO Governance
Why apply for this role?
In this high-profile role, you'll focus on providing governance support to the CFO, Treasurer and the CFO Division, with particular focus on day to day Regulatory relationship and corporate governance.
You'll be working closely with the CFO and other Senior Managers, managing the relationship they have with the Regulator. It's an extremely interesting role that will enable you to impress the most senior members of CFO Division. So you'll need to be proactive and constantly thinking 5 steps ahead.
If you're someone who's looking to progress, this is the perfect opportunity to develop your career.
What you'll be doing
- Managing working level regulatory relationships for CFO Division with direct liaison with the CFO and senior management team
- Maintaining day to day contact with the regulators in relation to a wide variety of finance issues
- Managing all regulatory reviews relating to finance aspects
- Acting as primary point of contact for all communications with Secretariat
- Developing extensive network and trusted relationships with the business
- Supporting the implementation of the CFO change programme
What we're looking for
- Qualified accountant (or extensive experience within a CFO function)
- Experience or understanding of secretariat, governance or regulatory liaison role An understanding of banking finances
- Exceptional stakeholder management experience across all areas and levels of seniority
- Ability to communicate effectively, with a high level of attention to detail (both written and verbal)
- Organised self-starter and ability to manage business and regulatory affairs with diligence and authority
- Prepared to work late when there are urgent requests
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
This is a fixed term position for up to 12 months.
How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs. For contract roles, your salary, bonus (where eligible) and certain benefits will be prorated to reflect your contract duration.
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don't just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It's important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.