Description (About Us)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. We advise, originate, trade, manage and distribute capital for governments, institutions and individuals. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. We provide you a superior foundation for building a professional career where you can learn, achieve and grow
We have built strong techno-functional teams which partner with our offices globally taking global ownership of systems and products. We have a vibrant and diverse mix of teams working on different technologies and functional areas. There is a large focus on innovation, inclusion, giving back to the community and sharing knowledge.
We are looking for a 3+ years experienced Business Analyst to manage the delivery in Capital Markets Domain. The candidate needs to be able to work with geographically dispersed groups across IT and Finance in a very dynamic, rapidly evolving and high pressure, high visibility project setting. The candidate is expected to take ownership of regular application releases.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate the following key skills & competencies:
- Experience in Capital Markets, Finance Reporting, COREP, Basel, Accounting
- Expertise in Trade Life Cycle across Asset Classes with particular emphasis on Derivatives.
- Communication of project status and risks to team lead
- Should own the quality and timeliness of delivery and not be afraid to challenge status quo and seek to constantly improve upon current state
- Hands on experience of end to end testing, including the following specific activities:
- Review and analysis of business requirements / user stories to validate acceptance criteria and create test scenarios, test case and test data
- Test strategy planning and managing UAT and test cycles with all stakeholders - IT, users, and project
- Application of testing methodologies, principles and processes to define and implement key metrics to manage and assess the testing process including test execution and defect resolution
- Implementation of processes/ process improvements, including automation of testing where possible and appropriate
- High proficiency in MS Excel, ability to analyse large datasets
- Experience of working in Agile delivery desirable
- Knowledge of tools - JIRA, Rally, Alteryx desirable
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong co-ordination/ organisation skills, co-ordinating across the various teams involved in project delivery (IT, end users/SMEs, other stakeholders)