Specialist, Customer Credit Risk Management Services
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF!
Objectives of the Position
- Responsible for cluster’s (country grouping) credit risk management process and to ensure Analyst’s service are delivered in accordance with established processes and work procedures.
- To monitor and successfully control credit risk for customer portfolio and accounts receivables including regularly assessing risk, overdues and order blocks.
- To provide guidance on credit risk management topics and direction to local business units partners and other relevant local stakeholders.
- Provide decisions and transparency to stakeholders on credit risk management core processes such as reviewing customer risk, block order management, prolongation approval and debt collection.
Customer Master Data
- Monitor Financial Gatekeeper approval status to ensure timely action performed by Analyst
- Obtain necessary information needed to perform risk assessment
- Perform risk assessment, mitigation measures, recommendation and documentation by using FIT for Credit and FSCM
- Decide on internal risk rating, credit limit, terms of payment, order processing code and obtain necessary approval for certain threshold based on policy
- Provide guidance to the relevant stakeholders (Business Units and CSO) in areas of customer risk assessment and mitigation, debt collection strategies, knowledge of trade and bankruptcy laws, customer visit - if applicable.
- Participate or contribute to local BU strategy / business steering discussions in areas of key customer management, credit risk management and early warning signals.
- Review, inform (by way of reporting and direct contact) and support the Business Units on delinquent accounts, disputes and unallocated funds and recommend solutions.
- Provide financial consultancy to customer whenever required.
- Create and update order release rules
- Review order release proposal and decide to release or reject
- Monitor order release pending to ensure timely action performed by the Analyst
Monitoring & Reporting
- Initiates appropriate measures for KPI monitoring and targets
- Monitor CCRM KPI and trend developments
- Review report and comment prepared by the Analyst to ensure compliance with reporting requirements
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting required by BUs or relevant stakeholders
- Monitor Analyst’s services to be delivered in accordance with established processes and work procedures
Quality & Continuous Improvement
- Proactively drive process improvement activities and digitalization to increase efficiency and productivity
- Updating supplemental work instructions in accordance with the Requirement for CCRM
- Ensuring functional approval matrix is up to date and approval rules are followed at all times for credit limits decisions and blocked order management
- Review and decide on invoice prolongation proposal
- Provide guidance, coaching and support to the team members
- Provide back-up for other team members and assumed Team Lead’s role during his/her absence
- Act as the first escalation point in daily operational issues/queries for business partners and escalate when issues required extra and special attention
- Identify disputes and provide solution through close collaboration with relevant stakeholders
- Support Team Lead for projects and other required tasks
- Professional qualification in Finance (e.g. ACCA, CPA, etc.) or Bachelor’s degree in finance / Accounting or related disciplines
- Minimum 5 to 6 years in Credit Management Function and/or Finance and Controlling.
- Good business acumen and good financial / qualitative analytical skills
- Work with high self-motivation, high reliability and responsibility, dedicated for outstanding performance and passionate to drive team performance and innovation
- Strong leadership skill
- Excellent interpersonal skills, very strong project management skills, collaboration and communication skill, high integrity
- Microsoft Office 365 (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), SAP and Business Warehouse, Data Analytic tools (PowerPivot, PBI, Tableau), interested in digitalization trend. Knowledge in FSCM is an advantage.
BASF regional service hub has been established since 2005 in Kuala Lumpur. The regional service hub has approximately 700 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €59 billion in 2020
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.