Private Equity - AVP
Fund Accounting & Administration (Private Equity), AVP
What you will be responsible forAs a Fund Accounting & Administration, AVP, you will be
- Managing client relationships with both client personnel and fund investors.
- Reviewing and/or preparation of quarterly and annual financial work paper packages including portfolio schedules, accruals and PCAP allocations.
- Reviewing quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes.
- Review and/or preparation of annual tax work paper packages.
- Review and/or preparation of capital calls and distributions, including notices and release merged documents.
- Reviewing daily bank reconciliations and post journal entries.
- Reviewing quarterly management fee calculations.
- Review and/or preparation of various client related correspondence.
- Work with database team regarding client deliverables such as financial statements, capital calls and distribution notices.
- Heavy client interaction on a daily basis.
- Coordination of annual audit and tax return preparation with Big 4 accounting firms.
- Review and/or preparation of waterfall and capital account allocations.
- Understand how to navigate through limited partnership agreement.
- Maintain working relationship with all client contacts, including investment professionals, investors, auditors, lawyers and banking personnel.
- Ensure compliance with investment fund legal documents, i.e. partnership agreement.
- Assist accounting managers to ensure compliance with investment fund agreements and other legal documents.
- Special client projects.
- Manage internal workflow and client deadlines.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- An ability to be a leader within their team, as well as be a leader amongst your peers
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, which includes excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure, and simultaneously handle multiple assignments
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with the proven ability to multi-task and to work efficiently to meet client deliverables
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Accounting qualification preferred
- At least 5 to 6 years of Fund Accounting experience, including 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience with alternative investment asset classes, complex fund structures and fee calculations desired
- Experience with Investran preferred