Core Operations, Assc2
This is an excellent opportunity to work within an operational team responsible for processing cash payment transactions. Responsibilities include effectively managing daily GBP activity between State Street and CHAPS, providing Network Controller coverage to the domestic USD market, monitoring & processing payment queues, exception management, processing cancelation & amendment instructions and any other payment related functions supported by Global Transactions, Controls & Banking - Payments.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Core Operations Associate you will
- Manage day to day GBP payment flows and balances through the CHAPS scheme
- Participate in mandatory market/industry testing throughout the year
- Provide US Network Controller coverage for the domestic USD Market
- Monitor & process all activity in a variety of payment queues and systems accurately, timely and by agent bank deadlines
- Efficiently assist internal and external clients with complex research, queries and issues
- Ensure full understanding and adherence to corporate risk policy and standard operating procedures
- Make suggestions for process improvements to the benefit of State Street and our clients
- Ensure errors and exposure to financial loss are minimized
- Be aware of all business continuity plans and escalate issues that could involve invoking of contingency procedures to the supervisor
- Interact constructively with clients, peers and management and participate in staff meetings
- Participate in the creation, testing and execution of department procedures
- Support the effective functioning of the team and the transition of workflow between different geographical locations
- Perform other duties as specified by management
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role as an individual contributor:
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behavior
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
Education and Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in a banking role is preferred
- Previous experience of working within a CHAPS clearing environment highly advantageous
- Overall knowledge of cash related financial services products
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft excel
- Flexibility in working hours (required)
- Ability to work under pressure and in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work accurately and with attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a busy team and multi-task
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.