Alpha Platform Service Business Architect, State Street Alpha, Vice President
State Streets Front-to-Back Alpha Platform Service Architecture team is seeking a versatile individual with strong business systems analysis skills and strong leadership to head up a team of business & data analysts in APAC. The successful candidate must oversee an in region team of business & data analysts that possess skill in complex business data analysis with expertise in functional requirements gathering and documentation; support the delivery of cross-operations, high priority projects across all typical project phases in support of strategic initiatives impacting complex instruments from an Alpha Front to Back; a proven ability to liaise between business/implementation and technology teams specializing in Cash Servicing and Investment Accounting / IBOR; and strong collaboration skills.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of a global, cross-divisional group supporting State Street AlphaSM.
State Street AlphaSM redefines the common definition of ‘alpha’ to mean powering better performance and outcomes at every point on the investment lifecycle and is the first open platform from a single provider that connects the front, middle and back office. It harmonizes data, technology and services across trusted providers to help our clients better manage their businesses.
Join us if making your mark in an ever-changing, increasingly complex and competitive industry is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Alpha Platform Service Business Architect you will
- Analyse and evaluate customer requirements in order to help State Street Alpha respond to sales opportunities.
- Prepare and deliver solution presentations, execute proof-of-concept projects to demonstrate the potential of State Street Alpha to satisfy the specific needs of potential customers.
- Provide technical analysis and advice to clients (internal and external) on current and future state data-centric operating models.
- Liaise with stakeholders in order to establish and document implementation requirements in relation to cash, IBOR & Investment Accounting develop “use cases” to document requirements.
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of the State Street Front to Back product offering to perform subject matter expert activities, consultancy, implementation configuration and demonstrations specializing in IBOR & Investment accounting and Cash servicing but not limited to these product areas
- Analyse and document any derivation, workflow and enrichment required for the project/solution.
- Apply functional business knowledge to system roadmap and be part of agreeing future enhancements / development activities.
- Lead and consult the team in requirement gathering, development, definition and controlling of technical standards and methodologies.
- Process design and implement solution architectures and concepts in the context of projects and client implementations.
- Independently compile, analyse and interpret information related to complex business/system processing.
- Collaborate with other team members to share best practices, raise issues, develop consistent global processes
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Exemplifies customer focused, team driven mentality; serves as role model for colleagues.
- Comfortable facilitating project working groups and possesses strong data gathering skills.
- Strategic thinker with strong business analysis and planning skills. Capable of identifying and interpreting wider-ranging issues: ‘Big picture’ understanding.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, written and oral; confident in interaction with clients and senior stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and problem solving a must
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in technology, finance, business or equivalent,
- Minimum 10 years related experience in financial services technical projects
- Knowledge of financial service industry – cash & IBOR / Investment Accounting experience preferred
- SQL/database query skills required
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools Word, Excel, Project, and Visio is required
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.