Client Service Operations Senior Expert, Officer
Who we are looking for
A senior specialist who will join the client service team in Paris within the Client Service Operations in Poland. Working to provide a high quality service levels through direct interaction with client.
The team has a strong focus on networking both internally and externally to resolve complex inquiries. The ideal candidate would be someone with strong Middle Office background, solutions driven mindset eager to expand their network and understanding of both State Street and market operations. Whilst always keeping risk awareness and the drive to understand complex scenarios in a changing environment.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Client Service Operations Senior Expert you will
- Coordinate portfolio lifecycle events (fund mergers, liquidations, transfers) for one of our major client from a Middle office and fund accounting standpoint;
- Handle Middle Office Business support tasks mainly focused on inquiries management, client governance and external client applications technical support;
- Work co-operatively with operational teams in different locations and time zones;
- Participate in client meetings including portfolio managers, client operational and risk teams;
- Develop and support critical internal relationships with dependent units, clients, cross functional operational colleagues and global counterparts;
- Support process improvement opportunities where required and participate in strategic projects where necessary;
- Manage client queries and escalation and appropriate follow up with internal teams;
- Support team members with more difficult tasks.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills, ability to handle second level escalation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills; ability to explain technical topics;
- Highly self-motivated; detail oriented; and ability to work collaboratively;
- Proven leadership skills and owners mindset.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree in a discipline, such as economics, finance, science or engineering and at least 5 years of professional experience;
- Proven track of experience in middle office environment (Trade support / asset servicing) or in client onboarding team;
- Strong understanding of financial markets; familiarity with custodian cut offs for various financial products and settlement methodologies;
- Global understanding of middle office process and experience in middle office systems;
- Global understanding of portfolio structures;
- Excellent understanding associated settlement risk and potential financial and reputational exposure;
- Fluent English is a must, French language knowledge would be a plus (not mandatory).
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.