Specialist, Business Unit Financial Analysis
Responsible for conducting and documenting complex financial analysis projects for the Global Technology Services (GTS) business unit.. Analyzes expenditures, researches variances, studies trends, compiles financial data, and provides financial reporting for the business unit. Draw conclusions and make recommendations to financial and line management.
- Develops strong relationships and closely coordinates with Business Unit and Corporate Financial Management personnel.
- Responsible for or assists with Business Unit Financial Reporting & Analysis, Competitive Benchmarking, Forecasting, Budgeting, Profitability Analysis, Financial Modeling, Strategic Planning, and Special Projects.
- Participates in the development of corporate-wide financial and reporting policies and procedures to comply with senior management directives and regulatory requirements
- Oversees the preparation of various financial reports, providing data analysis and justification for management decisions
- Manages projects, including planning, organizing, and directing activities towards project goal completion, including management reporting8.Provide thought leadership in specific subject matters with other financial team members.
This role is responsible for conducting and documenting complex financial analysis projects for a business unit. Responsibilities include analyzing expenditures, revenues, researching variances, studying trends, compiling financial data and providing financial reporting for the business unit. Acts as a liaison with BU Leadership and other Finance functions. Additional duties includes advising BU Leadership on value-added strategic growth opportunities while participating in monthly/quarterly reporting, annual planning process, monthly/quarterly forecast process and various ad hoc requests. Participate in developing the strategic plan for revenues and expenses. Leads special projects and ad hoc financial analysis requests to support the business unit.
- Multi-disciplinary expert with extensive technical and/or business knowledge and functional expertise.
- Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing financial data, preparing reports, making presentations of findings, analysis and recommendations.
- Analyzes revenues, expenditures, and balance sheet accounts. Researches variances, complies financial data, and provides financial report for the business unit.
- Manages and/or participates in business case analysis to support the strategic direction of the corporation. Present business cases and other analysis to upper management and continue to enhance the corporate business case process.
- Builds and maintains working relationships with partners in Controller’s, Accounting Policy, Tax, and BU finance teams.
- Displays a balanced, cross functional perspective, liaising with the business to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity.
- Thorough business knowledge likely to be gained through 5 plus years of relevant work experience and may possess a relevant advanced degree.
- Broad financial and accounting knowledge and business acumen.
- Requires strong presentation, and oral and written communication skills.
- Strong Excel skills in order to develop the financial tools/models necessary to capture the financial aspects of such projects.
- Experience with Business Intelligence and analysis tools such as Cognos BI, TM1 and Power BI is preferred.
- Possess the ability to work effectively and build relationships across a matrix structure and with a diverse management team.
- Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.