Head of Audit, ROI Business Strategy and Customer
Description of Business Unit:
Group Internal Audit (GIA), together with Credit Review, forms the 3rd line of defence for the Bank of Ireland Group. GIA's purpose is'Helping Make Bank of Ireland Better'. To fulfil this purpose, GIA carries out risk based assignments, covering Group businesses and functions (including third party outsourcing providers, subject to the right to audit). GIA also provides additional insight through its attendance at key governance fora and committees across the Group. Key stakeholders include the Board ('Court'), the Group Audit Committee (GAC), the Court Risk Committee (CRC), key subsidiaries' audit and risk committees and senior management, as well as other key parties, including the Group's regulators and external auditors. GIA's findings are communicated to senior management and other key stakeholders, with remediation plans monitored for progress against agreed completion dates.
Accountable Key/Sub Risks:
- Business and Strategic
- Life Assurance
Purpose of Role:
- To lead the achievement of GIA's vision, "to Provide Amazing Insights and Assurance Quicker, Smarter, Better", in relation to the accountable Key and Sub Risks above, enterprise wide.
- To be the regulatory approved (PCF 13) Head of Audit for the New Ireland Assurance Company (NIAC). Accountable to the NIAC Board for provision of an effective 3rdline of defence.
- To provide leadership within the GIA Function, working with Leadership Team (LT) colleagues to develop, champion and successfully execute strategies to fulfil the Purpose and Vision for the Function.
- To lead the design, development and execution of the Group Internal Audit assurance strategy for accountable Key / Sub Risks (as above) enterprise wide.
- To perform the regulatory approved role of Head of Internal Audit (PCF 13) for the New Ireland Assurance Company.
- To produce and maintain GIA's overall control environment opinion relating to accountable Key / Sub Risks (as above), for provision to GCIA and onward communication to Group Executive and Group Audit Committees.
- To coach and develop careers and talent in others via department wide leadership and through career and performance coaching for assigned Leadership Team / Team 'Coachees' (Direct Reports).
- To provide GIA leadership to accountable Bank of Ireland Divisions and Businesses. In doing so to enhance the profile and impact of the GIA Function in those parts of the bank through provision of high value independent insight and opinion.
- To build and enrich relationships with accountable GEC and GEC-1 stakeholders.
- Providing a service akin to being the 'Chief Auditor' for those clients.
- Collating and coordinating relevant insights from across GIA in order to provide a single point of contact 3rdline service.
- To proactively work with GIA Leadership Team colleagues and wider GIA Team members to continuously enhance the Function and to be an exemplar of the GIA Purpose and Vision.
- To live the Bank of Ireland Group Values at all times.
What is the Opportunity?
Leading a team of highly skilled professionals this will be a fantastic opportunity to form part of the GIA Senior Leadership team helping to shape and drive theGIA strategy.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and [a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.
This job can be done anywhere in the Republic of Ireland with the primary office location as Dublin to which travel will be required for in person collaboration. Exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
- Essential - Chartered with relevant Internal Auditor qualification (accountancy equivalents also acceptable).
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A leader with a passion for creating an environment in which their teams and wider colleagues can thrive, grow and lead.
- An ability to generate success, performance and team engagement in flat and matricised structures.
- A strong motivator with demonstrable experience in setting a vision / strategy and inspiring others to progress it. An ability to develop and nurture teams with the highest level of engagement is essential.
- Very strong influencing and negotiating skills, with the presence and knowledge to enrich relationships and have impact at the most senior levels of the organisation. A highly impactful and skilled communicator in both written and verbal formats.
- Excellent understanding of the Financial Services Industry including sector and wider macro-economic drivers, factors, risks and challenges. Particular requirement for experience / credentials relating to the Insurance sector.
- Highly experienced and technically qualified / capable within the accountable Key and Sub Risk areas. Either through very senior practitioner experience or through leadership of relevant risk and assurance programmes.
- A highly motivated, passionate and high energy individual that works with 'Intent'.
- A strong desire to work with agility at all times, focussing on continuous improvement and delivering the highest 'insight' value, being flexible with approaches and strategies as needed. Experience in working with Agile frameworks (e.g. Scrum, Kanban) is preferred.
- A passion for wanting to make a difference.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Professional qualification in the accountable Key / Sub risk areas - Business and Strategic, Conduct and Life Assurance.
- Certification as an Agile practitioner.
- Coaching qualification.
- Customer Focused - Leader
- Champion Transformation - Leader
- Manage Risk - Leader
- Amplify Capability - Leader
- Agile - Leader
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Aug 11, 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.