To be jointly responsible for the ongoing bookkeeping, financial and regulatory reporting for group companies alongside the Finance Director. Contributing to ensuring that both group companies are fully compliant with relevant legal and regulatory requirements and applicable accounting standards.
A leading online pension provider. The fintech firm has grown 60% in the last year and has similar loft growth plans moving forward. This is a new role and would suit a fast paced, progressive individual willing to grow with the firm.
- Recording of transactions in the accounting system as they occur
- Processing of period end journals
- Monitoring automated transactions
- Investigation and clearance of bank reconciling items
- Assist in the production of monthly management accounts.
- Assist in the production of interim and annual financial statements.
- Report cash position weekly and key drivers of cash position
- Assist in the production of KPIs.
- Assist in the performance of due diligence on suppliers.
- Verifying suppliers, budget holders and the relevant nominal coding on the accounting system
- Processing invoices, credit notes, receipts, and other forms of financial documentation
- Managing banking limits and approval for payments
- Run due diligence on payments.
- Processing compensation and rewards
- Assist in provision of information to external auditors.
- Assist with preparing materials for board and committee meetings and investors.
- Handling other ad hoc requests
- Excellent working knowledge of bookkeeping and accruals calculations
- A good understanding of financial statements components and elements
- An appreciation of accounting standards, IFRS and UK GAAP (desirable - this can be taught)
- Sound analytical skills
- Good problem-solving skills with an excellent awareness of commercial and risk management-based solutions.
- Attention to detail.
- Very good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Package with an emphasis on Excel and Word
- Qualifications and Industry Experience
- Early stages but studying towards a recognised accountancy qualification (e.g., ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- Experience within finance function
- Experience in working in a team
- Personal Skills
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn and grow.
- Ability to lead self.
Looking to pay up to £35,000 depending on experience with study support. Other benefits include:
- Equity scheme
- 25 days annual leave (5 extra days for parents and generous Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave).·
- Perkbox, UK Healthcare Cash Plan and Income Protection Insurance
- Regular company-wide sessions: CEO Session, Show & Tell and Lunch & Learn, giving you an opportunity to share your ideas and learn about other areas of the business.
- Regular socials: virtual parties and more!
- A warm and motivated team working to make a real difference for our customers.