Didsbury Office Based
An exiting opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Assistant to join a leading FMCG business based in Luxury offices in Didsbury South, Manchester. This company are behind some highly successful brands and are a market leader in their sector. They are going through a period of expansion making it an excellent time to join the business.
The Accounts Assistant role is initially a temporary role for 3 months which could be extended and will mainly office based in Didsbury.
Working closely with the Accounts Team and Financial Controller, key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Finance team with the reconciliation of unmatched Customer Credit/Debit notes, investigating variances and unmatched debits.
- Working with Credit control, accounts payable and customer service to resolve issues.
- Monitoring disputes and chasing up issues.
- Supporting Finance with Posting on AR and AP when needed
In order to apply for the role you should have:
Previous experience of working in a busy finance environment where the following has been part of your role:
- Reconciliations, e.g. Balance sheet accounts, Customer and Supplier accounts, strong AP and AR knowledge
- Clear, concise communications with customers /suppliers by phone and email
- data collection, entry and approval/checking
- Numerate - experience working with financial data is essential
- Experience working in an international organisation with overseas customers / suppliers is an advantage
- IT literacy, including Intermediate Excel skills is essential
- Prior experience on a finance system is essential, ERP system knowledge is preferred.
Opportunity for role to be extended
Opportunity to work for a high profile brand with luxury office environment