Financial Reporting Advisory Manager
Overall Purpose and Overview
RSM’s Financial Reporting Advisory team is a highly responsive, agile and commercially driven client facing technical team within RSM’s Accounting and Business Advisory department. It brings technical skills, experience and resources to help large-corporate and mid-market finance teams deliver the following outcomes:
- Financial reporting cycles are managed and improved
- The commercial substance of complex transactions is reflected in accordance with GAAP
- Complex acquisitions are integrated with the wider financial reporting
- Group structures are optimised and risks are hedged
The role has been created to continue supporting RSM’s ambitious growth plans and general demand for this specific area of our business, and for a manager to assist with and lead where appropriate on the origination and profitable delivery of Accounting and Financial Reporting Advisory projects.
As a London-based team member you will be a key member of this growing national service line. You will be responsible for working and delivering on a broad range of technical accounting, financial reporting and business advisory assignments addressing the practical application of financial reporting standards under IFRS and UK GAAP under various scenarios. These may include for example complex contracts and transactions, GAAP conversions, group reconstructions, and acquisitions and divestments. Your portfolio of clients may include a mix of fast-growth companies, established owned-managed businesses and large and listed corporates across a variety of sectors.
The individual should be able to project manage an array of smaller and larger projects at any one time, should be commercially minded and have a sound level of technical experience. Being eager to learn and to develop own technical, commercial and leadership capabilities is also critical to the role.
The individual will be actively involved in business development alongside the Accounting and Financial Reporting Advisory senior team and will contribute to growing the department and the firm.
Projects are mostly London based but can occur anywhere in the UK and hence the ability to travel at relatively short notice – subject to applicable public health guidance and guidelines – is required.
- Maintaining and developing own internal and external personal network, contributing to growth initiatives by participating in targeting and lead generation activities, supporting proposals to new clients and agreeing projects with the firm’s existing clients. Supporting the development of thought leadership and marketing pieces and the hosting of internal and external events to raise the profile of the team and of the firm.
- Leading the profitable delivery of accounting and financial reporting advisory services on a portfolio of clients, working collaboratively with other team member and, where appropriate, alongside other service lines. Expected to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times, raising matters reportable to client relationship partners related to additional advisory opportunities and client care. Developing and inspiring junior members of the team in their progression, whilst overseeing and reviewing their work and ensuring firm policy and procedures are followed.
- Maintaining and developing an advanced level of technical knowledge and expertise both through appropriate reading and courses (fulfilling relevant Institute’s CPD requirements) and through exposure to stretching and challenging assignments.
- Carrying out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the Office and/or Regional Managing Partner.
Personal and professional qualities
The role requires:
- Candidates should be either ACA or ACCA qualified or equivalent. Minimum 3 years PQE.
- Previous experience of managing a portfolio of accountancy or audit clients within an Accountancy Practice preferred.
- Sound financial reporting skillset under IFRS and UK GAAP, with experience of applying principles in complex situations gained either in practice or in industry.
- Excellent communicator with proven experience of building lasting client relationships.
- Ability and enthusiasm to contribute positively to business development from both new and existing clients.
- Advanced coaching and development skills. Experienced at managing and supervising teams.
- A team player able to work closely at all levels from Partners to junior staff.
- Ability to deliver results autonomously – a “self-starter”
- Excellent project management skills
Ability to travel on an ad-hoc basis
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.