Fund Accounting Team Leader
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Fund Accounting Team Leader
The Fund Accounting Team Leader is responsible for the management and direction of one of the business line's net asset value (NAV) production teams including: Trades, Cash and Capital Stock, Expenses, and Special Handling. The Fund Accounting Team Leader is responsible for day to day activities and issues that may impact the achievement of department objectives including quality, control, and client service standards. On this position you will be responsible for managing a moderate-sized group of employees with typically 2 or more Supervisors as direct reports.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Oversee the day to day activities of team ensuring deliverables are met on time and accurately;
- Act as the primary point of escalation for Client teams for any client related issues and proactively manage the resolution process with frequent updates and satisfaction measures;
- Review and discuss issues requiring escalation with Senior Management;
- Establish service standards with CSG colleagues and ensure they are shared with and understood by team members and all internal support groups (Operations, etc.);
- Promote a cohesive team atmosphere through exhibiting strong leadership, effective communication, professionalism, and development of individual career paths;
- Oversee and ensure training and cross training of employees on relevant job functions to develop breadth and depth of knowledge;
- Review and stream line functional tasks for maximum efficiency;
- Realize team efficiencies through increased automation and organize workflows;
- Leverage department metrics to identify areas of high support cost and take steps to mitigate;
- Lead and assist in implementing the coordination of new business and product implementations and conversions.
- BA/BS degree in a business related field, and/or equivalent work experience;
- At least 5 years of Fund Accounting, Global Custody, and/or Transfer Agency experience;
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience;
- Strong motivation to pursue knowledge, understand processes and develop your skills;
- Fluency in English is mandatory;
- Ability to work independently, organize work of the team, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks;
- Ability to work as part of a team in a potentially high pressure, client-driven environment.
- Fostering Team Spirit, creating an atmosphere of cooperation and common goal achievement by contributing and encouraging others;
- Excellent reviewing skills, attention to detail;
- Excellent numerical ability and analytical skills;
- Creativity in developing solutions to meet client and control requirements;
- Professional accountancy qualification as an advantage (qualified or part qualified);
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
What we offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can;
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world;
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm;
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective;
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind;
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage;
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.