Financial Reporting Team Leader
Almost 300 employees have already joined the ranks of the new financial center, whose headquarter is located in Poznan.
The Polish financial center is a part of GSK global operating model, responsible for serving the European region in terms of Planning & Reporting and Close & Control activities, as well as more complex accounting activities. Similar two units, responsible for serving Americas, as well as for Asia and Australia, are located in Costa Rica and Malaysia respectively. Our regional finance hubs will be centers of expertise that will work together as one finance team to share best practice and knowledge, working closely with other markets and colleagues from our global headquarters in London.
This role sits within Close&Control (C&C) Tower and provides support to stakeholders across the Global Support Functions (GSF) Organisation. You will assist in management of the area with £2b+ budget and over 10k FTEs, split between different support functions like Legal, HR, Finance Partnering, Tech, Real Estate etc. This role provides critical financial and strategic support to key leadership teams, helping them to manage their budgets.
- Manage 2 direct reports in Hub and indirectly lead the team of 20-25 GSK Operational Center specialists to ensure proper workflow
- Ensure C&C support provided to respective GSF Finance teams is fully compliant with all relevant standards, current best practice, procedures/policies and SLA
- Work proactively to integrate and drive efficient processes in support of reporting & costs analysis
- Ensure business complies with all aspects of the internal / external financial control environment, including published accounting papers and policies
- Support and is responsible for the inputs to the external and internal financial audits
- Manage all aspects of the financial month end process, including OPEX and Headcount reporting requirements, facilitating month end meetings, co-ordinating with all involved partners.
- Monitor and coordinate journals posting process, provisions and accruals for the area
- Liaise with Finance Teams worldwide on Month End Close and ad-hoc queries
- Manage Master Data requests (coordination, approval etc.)
- Actively contribute to the success of C&C/GSF finance projects
- Establish yourself as a trusted partner for key business stakeholders
- Drive team, track performance and work on optimization of the processes and workload
- Support monthly financial review in GSF
- Accounting degree or qualification (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Experience in financial controlling / reporting / audit or financial planning / budgeting (at least 5 years)
- Experience of working in multinational companies
- Experience of working with ERP
- Fluent English (minimum C1)
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Good and engaging team leader (team management experience is mandatory)
- Previous experience of SAP preferred
- Experience of working on a transformation or Global Process initiate an advantage
What we offer:
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing in our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Contributing to creation of development strategy for the set financial department
- Leading key projects regarding to set financial area
- Competitive salary, annual bonus plan
- Healthcare benefits (medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund, preventive healthcare services)
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.