Audit Semi-Senior Not for Profit
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The work of our Audit teams is essential, not just to BDO, but to the whole economy. Working within a number of sectors, they verify the accuracy of our clients’ financial statements for stakeholders, including shareholders, governments, tax authorities, banks and customers, ensuring the stability and authenticity of the financial market. That’s why we are so committed to helping our clients, and our people to succeed.
As part of our Not for Profit Audit team, you will receive the support you need to reach your potential. From completing professional qualifications to developing new skills and exploring different learning opportunities, you’ll join a friendly and diverse team whose work really matters.
We have one of the largest specialist Not for Profit teams in the accounting profession, delivering audits to the education, social housing, charity and membership body sectors. Our strong international Not for Profit network enables us to deliver coordinated services to those organisations who operate globally.
Our work is primarily based in our BDO London - Baker Street office, with other key office locations being BDO Gatwick and BDO Guildford.
We’ll help you succeed
You’ll be joining a dynamic and forward thinking team that forms an imperative part of the firm. You’ll be working on-site at clients, and in the office, ensuring that all aspects of the audit are completed on time and within budget. We will support you so that you can continue growing and will push you to excel in your audit career with us through professional qualifications and mentoring.
Complementing our comprehensive training seminars for Not for Profit Board members, senior executives and finance professionals working across the sector, we support your development through a focussed delivery of internal training programmes to ensure that all team members, across each of our national offices, are up to date with the changes in the regulatory environment and tax issues affecting the sector.
- Prepare analysis of accounting data from clients’ books and records.
- Actively engage with client staff in the gathering of appropriate audit evidence.
- Build strong relationships with new and established clients.
- Adhere to budget and timetable, bringing matters to the attention of the senior or manager, particularly when actual time is in excess of budget.
- Be involved in the planning, execution and finalisation of the audit assignment supporting the Senior or Manager
- Assist within the wider team by obtaining audit evidence necessary to support opinions given.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Studying towards ACCA/ACA or equivalent
- Experience in IFRS/UK GAAP
- Minimum of one year’s audit experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time management, organisation skills and the ability to prioritise.
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 5,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.