Private Client Tax Supervisor
To manage and process specific private client tax workflow directly to clients and to other SLs,
providing high quality client service experience whilst ensuring adherence to individual job budgets
and maximum fee recovery.
Scope/Reach & Key Relationships
- Ownership of some client contacts for ongoing management and development
- Partners and employees who are owners or key stakeholders of compliance clients and job specific private client tax work
- Supervision of Private Client Tax Assistant Managers, Seniors, Semi Seniors & Assistants
- Developing and building own network of intermediaries and prospects
- External organisations such as HMRC
Job/Workflow & Technical Management
- Ensure the planning, prioritising and reviewing of all relevant client private client tax work (compliance and advisory) ensuring effective team workflow
- Ensure establishment of scope and budget for each piece of private client tax work under own control and ensure adequate briefing to team members where relevant
- Manage the annual tax return cycle for own portfolio Produce high quality technical advice (eg reports, letters, emails, etc) with some input from more senior colleagues
- Ensure full implementation of all client Private Client Tax work in line with agreed budget ensuring adherence to’ The KR Way standards of performance’ document (eg the Life of a Tax Return), with completed work ready for review and sign off in line with the review process
- Monitor work progress and ensure appropriate levels of communication with clients and internal stakeholders on progress for each key task or phase
- Monitor WIP and notify clients in ‘real time’ of any expected changes to the fee quote
- Ensure preparation of bills for own/team Private Client Tax work and ensure timely sending to the client
- Developing private client tax technical skills and keeping up to date through training courses, appropriate research and identification of changes in legislation, HMRC policy and as a result of cases.
- Take proactive steps to seek out tax advisory work from allocated private client tax work
- Monitor debtors and ensure appropriate levels of communication with clients to ensure recovery of debtors. Consider whether to continue working if significant or overdue debts.
- Act as a key and sustained point of contact for clients
- Act as a key and sustained point of contact for internal contacts involved with each client
- Send emails and letters to clients to maintain information flow as per client commitments
- Return phone calls and written correspondence to all of the above within required deadline and ensure promises you make are kept
- Subsequently, communicate any delay or other issue which could impact your ability to meet your contact’s expectations
- Proactively contact clients when items of interest or potential benefit to the client arise therefore adding value
Leadership, People Management and Development
- Supervise seniors, semi seniors & assistants who are involved in production and delivery of private client tax work
- Ensure clear task plans & milestones for each piece of private client tax work
- Provide feedback to all team members involved in specific private client tax work on adherence to standards, errors, learnings and opportunity for value add
New Business Development
- Build own internal profile amongst partners and directors in other SLs to ensure private client tax work is maximised amongst compliance portfolios
- Support the Private Client Tax team in delivering the required departmental incremental fee target via networking, meeting attendance, business pitches and presenting at webinars or seminars
- Engage actively during contact with clients to identify future compliance and advisory need and introduce other private client tax team members and other SLs where appropriate
- Pursue business development opportunities with help from more senior colleagues where needed
- Understand - Be curious, ask more and listen. Put yourself in the other person’s shoes.
- Look Ahead - Anticipate the future, plan for it, and embrace the benefits of change.
- Make it Personal - Adapt to others’ needs, flex your style to get the best outcome for every situation.
- Be Crystal Clear - Consult others, give helpful feedback; ensure people know what’s going on, and how it impacts on them.
- Be Human - Invest time in building strong relationships, have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and help others to grow.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.