IFDS - Transfer Agency - Registration/AML Manager,AVP
- Lead a team of Associates and Managers to ensure excellence in client service as it relates to AML/CTF servicing.
- Work with the Managers reporting to you to ensure they have the requisite skills and tools required to complete their job effectively.
- Identify efficiencies and improvements in processes and controls, and work with Senior Management and peers across the organization to implement enhancements.
- Foster strong working relationships with colleagues in IFDS Luxembourg and Syntel in India to ensure an effective operating model is in place for clients that are serviced across multiple locations.
- Make sound operational decisions including, but not limited to, work priorities and resourcing requirements, anti-money laundering assessments, risks and controls.
- Contribute to the development of the organisation in terms of department strategy, service offerings and staff development.
- Handle and resolve complex or unusual operational and resourcing problems that are referred from above and below.
- Work with the Registration Assistant Vice President with responsibility for client management to ensure that all clients are satisfied with the service received from Registration (rated ‘green’), and that improvement plans are in place for those clients expressing dissatisfaction (rated ‘amber’ or ‘red’).
- Ensure your team is aware of and adheres to policies and procedures and client specific requirements so that a professional and high quality service is provided at all times.
- Ensure an effective operating model is in place for clients that are serviced across multiple locations.
- Ensure that your team is properly resourced, and that resources are appropriately assigned to effectively manage client and workload priorities.
- Coach and mentor your direct reports to ensure they have the organizational and soft skills required to effectively manage their teams.
- Actively participate in the performance appraisal process and monitor overall completion for your team.
- Ensure training plans are in place for your team and that all mandatory training is completed on schedule.
- Assist more senior colleagues and peers when required to do so and deputise in their absence.
Risk & Regulatory
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) for AML/CTF as it relates to investor onboarding and act as an SME in terms of the Irish industry, Corporate requirements and cross-border / Luxembourg regulations.
- Influence and shape investor AML/CTF strategy with an emphasis of implementation of AML IV regulations.
- Be familiar with and understand regulatory requirements in relation to tax reporting as they affect investor account set-up and maintenance, e.g. FATCA, CRS
- Ensure your team’s compliance with regulatory and corporate requirements in relation to information security, AML/KYC, anti-fraud and other areas as defined from time to time.
- Contribute to an effective risk management framework across the department. Ensure you and your team complies with controls and escalates issues and concerns proactively and timely.
- Ensure appropriate procedures are in place for your team to meet internal control and external compliance/regulatory requirements.
- Facilitate internal and external audits and ensure all sampling and management input is provided on a timely basis. Ensure items identified by auditors are addressed on time.
- Ensure active and effective communication tools are in place within your team facilitating communication up and down the organization.
- Ensure all communication with clients is accurate, clear and concise and delivered in a professional manner, whether written or verbal.
- Attend and contribute to operational, client, risk, audit and regulatory meetings as required.
- Prepare reports for clients or Senior Management on incidents, proposals or other areas as required.
- Work with your direct reports to develop their report writing skills and to ensure that all written communication from the team is of the highest standard.
- Create an environment that is flexible and adaptable and be a champion of change.
- Initiate and oversee tasks within a continuous improvement drive to ensure that the Department is efficient and seen as customer and quality driven.
- Provide support to your direct reports and their reports during the implementation of change.
- Ensure participation in the completion and implementation of department wide projects as required and lead local team initiatives.
- Ongoing review of current practices and procedures with a view of identifying and implementing efficiencies.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Strong people management skills with a proven track record for developing and retaining staff.
- Excellent knowledge of regulations and practical experience of dealing with Anti-Money Laundering matters in Ireland.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and to work calmly under pressure.
- Ability to present to and influence Senior Management both verbally and via written reports and presentations.
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of the Transfer Agency business is required. This should be complemented with a good understanding of Fund Accounting, Custody and Regulatory background to Funds Industry.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.