Private Client Trust Accounting and Tax Senior Manager
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Working hard and working together, our Tax team thrives on keeping busy. Friendly, driven and diverse, they service our clients across the country and around the world. By providing expertise in many different specialist areas of tax, they collaborate across BDO to deliver wider business solutions. From meeting clients’ evolving business needs to managing changes to legislation, there are always fresh challenges to face in the Tax team. If you’re after a career that will keep you on your toes, we’ll give you the autonomy to drive your career forward.
We’ll help you succeed
This role within the Private Client Guildford team will provide full UK trust accounting and tax compliance and advisory services, together with individual advisory services, such as IHT planning, for a wide range of regional, London and internationally based clients.
You will lead with support the continued expansion of PCS trust and advisory work generally for UK trusts, overseas trusts and IHT strategic planning for HNWIs and families including clients active with investment portfolios, UK property, owner managed businesses, other assets etc.
The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the accounting and tax management of an existing UK trust portfolio of between 50 - 60 clients (including trust accounting, trust tax returns, trust registration etc.) and the development of existing and new targets in order to ensure the continued growth our PCS trust business. You will also provide assistance to senior members of the team in both client work and management of the 17 strong team , as appropriate.
Opportunity to work with other BDO trust specialists and tax colleagues nationally and internationally.
Key to the role is for the individual to be able to pro-actively manage their own workload, communicating with partners/directors on a regular basis. This is essential due to the size and nature of the team. Furthermore, the individual will be expected to be able to consider and highlight further opportunities to develop new work including being involved in business development activities.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Significant understanding of and previous experience of trust accounting and tax compliance and advisory services
- Maintain an in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation with ability to provide tax advisory services
- Ability to profitably and efficiently manage a client portfolio
- Strong communication and client handling skills
- Management and development of junior staff members experience
- Some business development experience
- Ability to demonstrate the keenness to develop a career within the profession
- CTA/ACA/ACCA/TEP and/or qualified by experience of trust accounting and tax work
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 5,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.