Insurance Regulatory Specialist
About KPMG in Malta
KPMG in Malta is one of the leading providers of audit, tax and advisory services. Our vision is to be our clients’ clear choice, the employer of choice, and also to maintain the highest levels of trust by the community. Our work is client-centric, and we integrate innovative methodologies and deep expertise to deliver results. This translates into a high level of client satisfaction. Our experience ranges from multinationals to promising start-ups, private to public sector undertakings, local to international clientele. Our values remain at the heart of all we do, shared by all our firms in 147 countries. KPMG is the largest professional services provider in Malta, with over 750 employees.
The Role; Exciting opportunity in Insurance!
We are currently looking for an Insurance Regulatory Specialist to join our Risk Consulting team at KPMG.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Candidates we are looking for will have, in line with their experience, the opportunity to:
- Be involved in the delivery of a wide range of insurance regulatory risk and compliance related projects, including, amongst others:
- Assistance with insurance license applications for new market players
- Solvency and Financial Condition Reports (Solvency II) audits
- Insurance regulatory compliance health checks
- Provide insurance clients with updates on new regulations
- Compliance subject-matter involvement in Internal Audit engagements
- Insurance regulatory gap and impact assessments
- Assisting client with the implementation of new insurance regulatory requirements
- Participate in interdisciplinary regulatory projects with colleagues across KPMG;
- Providing training in risk and compliance matters, as appropriate;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both new and existing clients as well as within KPMG;
- Creation and contribution to high quality thought leadership through written publications, training events, client seminars and conferences.
The Right Fit
- Applicants must be in possession of a University degree;
- Minimum of 3 years of practical experience in insurance regulation;
- Technical knowledge on Maltese and European Insurance Regulations, with a special focus on Solvency II;
- Strong technical and communication skills, both written and oral;
- The capability to work on concurrent engagements and play a part in shaping and implementing KPMG's tailored solutions;
- Must be able to produce deliverables to a high standard that are ready for final review;
- The ability to develop productive relationships with clients;
- Flexibility and an enjoyment of working on challenging projects, and interacting with teams from other business groups;
- Strong project and people management skills, and an ability to structure task allocations around critical goals.
Should the above vacancy interests you, please visit our website via the apply button below.