Accounts Assistant (Financial Services)
A highly reputable Financial Services organisation based in modern offices in the Weybridge area with free parking provided and very easy access via public transport.
The Accounts Assistant (Financial Services) role involves;
Accounts administration tasks associated with Intelligent Office (iO), the back-office system used across the business:
- Download bank account statements and fill in the iO receipts summary sheet each day
- Reconcile and process payments on iO
- Liaise with client facing administration teams as necessary in order to be able to accurately and efficiently reconcile payments on iO
- Input providers on to iO and cash match using relevant internal reports
- Input sales from iO summary report on SAGE daily
- Download provider statement emails and Electronic Data Input (EDI), save in shared accounts drive and internal Document Storage System (Volume)
- Chase providers where necessary.
Assisting with administration tasks associated with the wider functions of the finance department e.g.
- Management of Aged Debt (>3 months old)
- Delivery of month end tasks and processes as directed by the Financial Controller to be completed by the 7th of each month e.g. bank reconciliations up-to-date by the 5th of each month
- The expenses process (SAGE processing) via Expensify to be completed by the 12th of each month and processed by the 13th of each month
- Management of supplier input (SAGE processing) ready for Management Accounts production by the 15th of each month
- Administration tasks associated with the monthly pay run (suppliers and expenses) by the 17th of each month
- Checking cash balances each day and managing all inter-company transfers covering supplier / expenses / payroll runs with deadlines of the 16th and 26th of each month
- Payroll preparation and processing
- Design and implementation of an approval system for supplier invoices
- General admin and ad hoc tasks as required.
The ideal candidate for the Accounts Assistant (Financial Services) role will;
- Have minimum 2 years' experience in a relevant accounts administration role within a comparable organisation (experience within the independent sector of the financial services industry is an advantage but not essential, as is experience with Intelligent Office)
- Be highly IT literate, with experience of SAGE accounting software (or equivalent) and a good working knowledge of Excel
- Have an extremely high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrate an ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Have sufficient understanding of the needs of Financial Services teams and FCA rules and compliances in order to effectively carry out the role.
The Accounts Assistant (Financial Services) role offers a competitive salary of £24-28,000 + excellent benefits, and a discretionary bonus scheme.