The Management Accountant is responsible for assisting the Finance Manager in ensuring the completeness and accuracy of all financial balances in the business, relaying financial information to the management team.
This client can offer an opportunity to take up a Senior position as Management Accountant. A role which will hold additional responsibility as the business continues to grow.
- Preparation and production of monthly Management Accounts including supporting schedules, variance analysis and commentaries
- Delivery of Management Accounts pack to site managers and the management team, providing insights.
- Co-ordination of the month-end process including stock, sales and purchase ledgers
- Preparation of monthly rolling forecasts
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts as part of the month end process with Assistant Management Accountant/Finance Trainee
- Posting of accruals and prepayments and other journals
- Assist in production of reports to the Group Company on a monthly basis
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns and assist with CIS returns
- Provision of information to external auditors for annual audit process.
- Provision of information with regards to Corporation tax queries from Tax advisors
- Provide Financial analysis as required
- Responding to ad-hoc requests for information as required, ensuring that all reported financial information is of the highest standard
- Supporting the Senior Management Team with ad hoc projects and report requests
- Part Qualified Accountant - CIMA / ACCA
- Confidence in dealing with business at all levels
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral
- Proactive in dealing with issues, with good organisational skills and can do attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Use of Microsoft Office including strong excel skills sumif, vlookup and pivot tables essential
- Knowledge of Connect IT desirable
A competitive salary and benefits package