Consultant - Model Validation
Continue to grow your career with us!
We believe in empowering our partners with the resources, support and opportunities to Achieve Greater and reach their full potential.
As a Northern Trust Partner, you will continue to be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity.
Responsible for contributing to the validation of a high quality risk analytics or capital allocation framework for the Corporation. Resolves complex issues in modeling and measuring risk, allocation of capital for performance measurement, or other aspects of risk measurement preferably in credit risk.
- Responsible for resolving complex issues in capital estimation, regulatory reporting, external financial statements or other aspects of risk measurement
- Responsible for model validation and/or overseeing quantitative analytical processes for risk and/or ensures regular production of analytical work and reports
- Evaluates existing framework in relation to corporate objectives and industry leading practices. Assesses development needs and manages process to achieve desired future state
- Provides technical/theoretical expertise to resolve risk issues and enhance overall risk framework
- Works with other risk teams to ensure that risk management policies/processes and quantitative modeling approaches are consistent
- Ensures that capital modeling and allocation approaches meet both internal corporate needs and regulatory requirements related to prevailing regulatory guidance.
- Works with project management team to track development efforts and resolve issues
- Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit / function
- Acts as subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level
- Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact.
- Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities
- Conducts preliminary analysis
- Responsible for interaction with different committees and/or management
- May be responsible for developing, implementing and administering programs within Risk Management for specific product(s)
Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Analytical and problem solving skills are required. Technical skills / systems knowledge (e.g. SAS, Matlab, Advanced Excel) is preferred. Strong conceptual and technical knowledge of risk concepts and quantitative modeling techniques. Strong expertise in logistic regression, linear regression, time series models.
A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is required; Advanced degree in related field (math, statistics, economics) or equivalent career experience preferred. Related Industry qualification is preferred.
Working with Us:
Working at Northern Trust goes far beyond just having a job. We encourage our partners to bring their full self to the workplace. Learning how your interests and experience could continue to grow with our longstanding and trusted business is important to us.. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
We hope you’re excited about this new opportunity to develop your career with us.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and believe together we can achieve greater.
Grow your career and apply today!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.