A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
About the role
The Plant Controller principal role is to provide financial reporting for their plant and provide financial support to the Plant Manager and business through finance business partnering. Works collaboratively with Plant Leadership team and the business to ensure costs are optimised and managed and implements finance best practices within their plant. The expectation is that this individual has the ability to deputise for the Plant Manager, hence having the ability to understand the full breadth of plant activity.
- Product/Process costing – ensuring that yields, labour and direct overhead standards reflect the true cost of manufacture. Working with the Plant, Business and Process teams to resolve any differences.
- Ensuring that actual costs are recovered within reported product costs and that variances are identified, investigated, and actioned with the Plant team.
- Provision of weekly detailed and top level KPI reports for the plant. Review of KPI data with operations to identify performance improvement opportunities.
- Stock management and reporting including stock reconciliations and control of stock write-offs.
- General ledger reviews - review and control of postings to plant cost centres.
- Capital control – evaluate proposals, monitor spend and review with the Plant team to ensure projects are delivered within the approved value.
- Budget and projection cost preparation – working with the Plant team to establish a robust bottom up budget including documented profit improvement plans.
- Proposing and evaluating cost saving / profit enhancing, continuous improvement or system enhancement opportunities.
- Key owner of master data and product standards information, alongside audit of SAP use and processes to facilitate optimised use of SAP system.
- Be the key link with procurement at site in the review and analysis of third-party service contracts and the value they bring.
- Ad hoc projects/ reporting.
- In association with the Plant Manager and business team, ensuring tight control of all plant costs by understanding the cost drivers and reporting on them.
- Provision of robust analysis and challenge of costs.
- Ensuring all reporting deadlines are met in a timely manner
- Delivery of capex plan, and other associated strategies
Qualifications and skills
- Qualified Accountant
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Approximately 5 + years’ experience within a manufacturing/operations accounting field
- Experience in leadership & management within an manufacturing/FMCG environment
- Experience working in a SAP environment (preferable)
- Highly self-motivated hence able to manage own and department work load, prioritise, recognise and initiate opportunity/projects, intuitively support team and meet challenging deadlines
- English language (written & spoken) at a competent level is essential
- Experience of influencing a team including peers is essential
- Has good attention to detail, ability to recognise key metrics which define performance and ability to balance short/long term priorities
- Has ability to understand a complex operations & supply chain and associated costs
Key Success Factors:
- Business and Performance management
- Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Technical and Functional Excellence
- Drive and Determination
- Relationship Building and an ability to operate in a matrix environment
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.