Compensation and Benefits Consultant, AVP
Who we are looking for
As the Compensation and Benefits Consultant, you will take ownership for the total reward programs within the required global framework for Canada and Grand Cayman. This encompasses leading the compensation activities in support of business unit client requirements and managing all regulatory related programs, as well as overseeing the analysis and design of short- and long-term benefits plans, including retirement savings programs. You will also provide governance oversight for outsourced total reward programs and processes.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Compensation and Benefits Consultant you will
- Manage the pay equity program for Federal, Ontario and Quebec jurisdictions in Canada. Assist in analyzing job descriptions and job evaluations for pay equity purposes
- Full-cycle administration of company benefits and pension plan – manage the online Canada Benefits platform and monitor output information to payroll and benefits providers, while ensuring compliance with corporate policies and legislative requirements.
- Review and remit health plan insurance payments for both Canada and the Cayman Islands
- Responsible for compliance audits related to all health and dental benefits with the carrier.
- Key contact and liaison on annual pension audit with vendors, oversight of all pension-based remittances and offsets and providing quarterly pension reports for the company’s benefits committees and
- Manage semi-monthly contribution payments to the pension plans for both Canada and Cayman
- Manage deliverables for the Canadian Pension committee requirements
- Work with brokers and consultants on any required total rewards initiatives
- Support the global mobility program and other immigration requirements in monitoring work permits and coordinating the submission of time sensitive applications
- Coordinate administration of annual compensation review processes.
- Communicate plan provisions, relevant legislation and procedures to plan members
- Monitor disability leaves and respond/investigate escalated queries.
- Prime interface to corporate functions for compensation, benefits, and shared services
- Responds to all complex/interpretative queries by employees and liaises with external service providers/administrators or vendors
- Provide reports and analysis on HR metrics and other ad-hoc requests.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills over a variety of mediums (in person, over e-mail, Webex, or office messaging platforms)
- Ability to collaborate with coworkers in person and virtually, in multiple locations
- Adaptability to a matrix reporting environment
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of 8 years managing Compensation programs in a corporate environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with retirement savings plans and health/dental benefit programs
- Proven management experience for managing Canadian Pay Equity program requirements, developing position descriptions, and evaluating against a point factor system
- Experience researching/completing compensation/benefits market surveys
- Project management experience implementing either large scale compensation or benefit programs
- Strong accounting, mathematical, analytical, and organizational skills
- Strong HR operations skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel with an ability to work through large data with ease and create accurate reports.
- Client focused, excellent communication skills, detail oriented and must be able to meet tight deadlines
- Advanced proficiency with HR applications: Workday, Darwin, etc.
- Post-secondary education in human resources, business, or a related program
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
- We are currently envisioning a hybrid in office/from home working environment with the main office located in downtown Toronto
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.