About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
UK / IRL FINANCE –SETTLEMENTS AND DISTRIBUTIONS
Founded in Chicago in 1889, Northern Trust is one of the world’s leading financial institutions. We specialise in providing asset servicing solutions and asset management to both institutional and personal clients. The delivery of products and services to this client base is supported through a network of offices around the globe.
Manage the Settlements & Distributions processes within Finance team, ensuring that regulatory and management company requirements are met.
Set and monitor team goals, liaise with home location and other NT departments, implement continuous improvement plans, placing emphasis on accuracy.
Leadership and organizational skills are required to determine the unit goals, resources needed, and to assess and develop programs to enhance the skills of the staff.
- Monitor and ensure accuracy and timeliness of client deliverables
- Improve on past performance through process improvement and continuous training
- Participates in developing the business unit strategic plan and sets goals and priorities based on the direction set for the unit. Follows through to ensure objectives are met
- Implement consistent best practice and monitor the standards as agreed with the home country teams
- Ensures that adequate training/ cross training is provided for all employees
- Manages Settlements & Distributions process within India Transfer Agency
- Maintain effective communication channels at all levels
- Prepare and review all MIS as required
- Hands-on manager with proven ability to guide the teams in managing complex process related issues.
- Keep appraised of industry and regulatory development
- Determines staffing needs, including hiring and performance improvement decisions, handles salary administration, and ensures resources are available to accomplish priorities
- Run to fruition and own any Large Projects for your teams
- Monitor issues/error logs to identify trends and introduce process improvement to mitigate such errors. Review all operational losses within the department, analysing for trends/root causes. Recommend and implement controls, solutions and training.
- Conducts the performance management process, identifies training and development needs, and establishes performance standards for the unit including business objectives
- Allocates work between the teams
- Steer the implementation of the business plan
- Provide one on ones to Section Manager
- Employees are required to comply with the regulatory regime in which Northern Trust operates as appropriate to the above role
- Employees are expected to exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas the incumbent is responsible for are organised and controlled
- Employees are required to observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties
- Reports to Divisional Manager
- Management of department in accordance with agreed budgetary guidelines
- Ensuring that KPIs are achieved in order to keep ASLs to a minimum.
- Section Managers, Team Leads, Tech coordinators, Partners
INTERNAL KEY STAKEHOLDERS
- Relationship Managers
- Internal Clients
EXTERNAL KEY STAKEHOLDERS
- Regulators including, FCA , CBI, and FED
- External Clients
- External Advisors
- External Banking Partners
- External Auditors / Trustees and Compliance
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Candidate to have minimum 12 years of experience in related industry (Accounting, Finance, Audit, Valuations, Capital markets, Transfer Agency, Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting, Custody).
- Minimum experience of 8 years in managing teams out of which 4 years in a manager role in Transfer Agency. For internal candidates, minimum 2 years’ experience as Section Manager and should be a Second Vice President and at least 2 years of Transfer Agency experience in a manager/ team leader role (within/outside Northern Trust).
- Graduate in Accounting / Economics. Additional qualification in accounting / finance preferred (e.g., CA/ CS/ CWA/CFA/ MBA).
- Demonstrate a good understanding of TA workflow and processes.
- A good understanding of effective risk management
- Ability to work under pressure meeting challenging deadlines
- Effective verbal reasoning and numeric skills (Essential)
- Good keyboard skills to include MS Excel and ability to learn systems used within the business (Essential)
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Flexible approach to work
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Customer Service experience
- Extensive knowledge of collective investment scheme administration and the regulatory environment is highly desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of FCA / HMRC regulatory Environment
- Interpersonal (relationship builder, respectful, resolves problems, people friendly and organisational savvy)
- Communication (presentation skills, listening skills, oral communication skills, allows others to express themselves and written communication skills)
- Self-management (adaptability and resilience, learning behaviour, integrity and ethics and relationship builder)
- Motivation (performance standards, achieving results and persistent)
- Thinking (creative thinking decision making, input seeking ,logical thinking and solution finding)
- Organisational Knowledge (business knowledge, expert knowledge and external events impact)
- Client Service and Quality (quality, relationship building and client satisfaction)
- Administration (Anticipates needs, execution, planning, process specialist, quality seeker and time management)
- Leadership (Addresses difficult issues, builds effective teams focused on goals, champions new initiatives, fosters development, gives timely feedback and coaching, Idea generator and sets challenging performance standards )
A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is required
- Leadership and organizational skills are required to develop periodic goals and to manage and motivate team members towards the goals set.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.