Analyst, UK Financial Reporting
The Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for the preparation of financial statements, schedule of investments, significant acquisitions and disposals and explanatory notes on the same (including preparation and review of tax reporting data due to tax agents), for mutual funds, hedge funds and/or fund of hedge fund clients.
Financial statements are prepared on a cyclical basis (for example; quarterly, semi-annual or annually) depending on the team in accordance with regulatory guidelines in the home country (for example: UK, Ireland, Luxembourg, Switzerland and U.S). The preparation is based on a set processes and procedures and the job holder will be required to adhere to these processes in completing day to day tasks.
Once financial statement is prepared, the jobholder will analyse and research for any discrepancies before sending to the home country for review. The analyst will correct any discrepancies/issues identified and communicated by the home country before closure.
Due to the cyclical nature of the activities, it is anticipated that there will be peak periods of work and the job holder may be required to undertake additional working hours to ensure tasks are completed to the appropriate deadlines.
- Deliver high quality service to clients (internal & external) through accurate, timely completion of all assigned tasks
- Complete preparation of schedule of investments, financial statements, significant acquisitions and disposals and explanatory notes and disclosures
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial reports for assigned portfolios
- Review portfolios against additional PC based data, reconciling for name, country and industry classification to ensure accuracy (including valuations)
- Apply appropriate pricing methodology specific to the fund
- Analyse operating expenses, review and set up expense budgets
- Issue reports accurately and within defined timeframes, respond to queries in a timely manner
- Perform tasks whilst adhering to defined processes and/or procedures and check for errors
- Collect, enter and extract data and undertake analysis
- Assist in the preparation of client reports e.g. taxation, equalisation, funds under custody, funds under administration
- Reconcile queries and/or correct errors in a timely and appropriate manner
- Assist other colleagues as appropriate. Act as effective team member within the unit and with other units by imparting knowledge as appropriate
- 1 year of experience in financial statement preparation or financial reporting within an Audit Firm, financial institution or corporate finance function (for experienced candidates)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (preferred for all hires)
- Background in regulatory / statutory reporting will be preferred
- Experience on transitions/consolidation of various systems and completing necessary reconciliations (preferred)
- Experience on tax and regulatory reporting (preferred)
- Willing to work in a midshift (11:00am - 8:00pm)
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email us at APAC_Talent_Acquisition_Communications@ntrs.com
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.