To operate as the Finance Manager and support the UK Operations and Commercial team. The role will support the MD and wider Group by providing analytical, performance reporting and internal control support to the market to ensure sound financial decision-making.
Drive and report financial information and communication of key insights to stakeholders, covering customer financial performance, pricing decisions and new business opportunities.
My client is a well established manufacturing business based in East Sussex. This role will report into the UK Managing Director and have a dotted line through to the international parent company.
You will oversee the UK finance function which requires supervising 1-2 people.
There is a good balance between working from home and the office.
The Finance Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the finance team (1-2 people) and ensure the smooth and satisfactory delivery of monthly accounts. This includes budgeting, forecasting and preparation of the board pack along with commentary.
- Act as the business partner to the management team to provide guidance around reports, analytics, strategic plans, business plans, targets (including recurring business reviews).
- Understand sales channels issues and identify cost and process improvement initiatives through a best practice financial management approach.
- Draw insights and commentary from monthly analysis and reporting.
- Monitor and manage Trade accruals with the sales team.
- Perform actual variance analysis and present financial data to key stakeholders.
- Assist in preparation of monthly commentaries and analysis for management reporting.
- Identify and drive ongoing opportunities for improvement which includes strengthening controls and improving efficiency.
- Assist with year end audit preparation.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations and sound accounting treatment decisions.
- Establish and maintain Standard Costs for Site inventory.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
The successful Finance Manager will need to be able to demonstrate the following throughout the interview process:
- Qualified accountant - ACCA, ACA, CIMA.
- Minimum of 7 years within accounting.
- Prior work experience within either manufacturing or FMCG.
- Analytical and logical problem solving abilities.
- Identifies issues, proactively finds solutions and sees to completion.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with business partners and work collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability to establish new processes and manage business change.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite; advanced Excel (pivots).
This is a great opportunity for either a management accountant that is wanting to step up into a finance manager role or for an experienced finance manager that enjoys working within an SME environment.
This role offers flexibility to work from home / the office. Due to the location you will need to drive and own your own car.
Salary range: £45,000 - £55,000.