Group Transactional Accountant
This is an exciting opportunity join leading global premium education group in Central London as a Group Transactional Accountant within their Group Finance team. The candidate will ensure that all group transactional reporting is done accurately and effectively, focusing on Accounts Payable, Payroll and General Ledger Accounting.This role will be office based.
My client are owns and operates a global network of 70 premium schools educating over 50,000 students across five continents. Since its establishment, they have grown rapidly, with revenues in excess of €500 million. The group is set for further significant expansion in the coming years.
The Group Transactional Accountant will be responsible for:
- Monitoring of the head office payables email accounts. Correspondence with suppliers as necessary.
- Ensuring that all invoices received have appropriate approvals before they are recognised in the accounting system.
- Ensure that all purchase invoices are correctly recorded in the accounting system both in terms of nature and timing.
- Weekly BACS payment runs to confirm that all approved invoices are paid before they are due
- Dealing with payroll changes - new joiners, salary increases etc
- Weekly cash reporting
- Communicating relevant payroll information to our payroll providers and reviewing outputs.
- Recording payroll for the head office entities in the accounting system
- Transnational reporting for head office entities, both through accounts payable and general ledger
- Reconciliation of banks
- Assistance with preparation of VAT returns
- Provision of information for budgeting and forecasting
- Helping implement purchase orders for head office entities
- Cover for team members' absences
- Assistance with audit and tax queries
he successful Group Transactional Accountant:
- AAT or part qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA ideally
- Experience working with, or for, a Group Finance function in a large, complex, global organisation.
- Good organisational skills, attention to detail focused.
- Ability to liaise across large geographically and culturally disparate groups.
- A proactive self-starter with the drive, determination and commitment to get things done
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Intermediate level Excel
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly-growing environment
- Conscientious and strong team player ethic.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary of £35,000 - £40,000 depending on experience along with these other benefits:
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Reduced school fees