Accounting Analyst, Fund Accounting
Associate Accountant provides valuation, fund accounting and administration services for Global Fund Service clients. The Unregistered Fund Accounting department delivers net asset values and reporting to clients in accordance with fund objectives and at any frequency.
Evaluate, analyze and reconcile Mutual Funds and separately managed funds for production of client month-end reports and to determine the Net Asset Value (NAV) on a daily basis for Defined Contribution plans such as 401(k) plans, profit sharing plan, Public funds etc. Analyze impact of Investment Manager trading activity on the investment portfolio returns and market value. Also, audit income posting, accruals, and corporate actions -all within scheduled time frames. Perform exception resolution of cash, holdings reports and price variances and any activity in the investment accounts.
Strong knowledge of accounting / finance and securities usually obtained through business related coursework and/or prior related experience. Analytical skills and Organizational skills are required to research and resolve inquiries within scheduled timeframes to meet client deadlines. Attention to Detail and Multiple Tasking skills are required to value the funds in a timely and accurate manner. Ability to absorb information fast and work in a Fast Paced environment and meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy is critical.
- Determine Net Asset Value (NAV) for defined contribution plans on a daily basis.
- Evaluate and reconcile funds including mutual, benchmark, commingled, and collective for production of client month-end reports for daily valuation.
- Analyze the impact of transactions, income positions, accruals, and corporate actions on the portfolio investment options.
- Audit and resolve exceptions on assigned accounts according to procedures and within scheduled timeframes.
- Assist in the timely preparation of reports and financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and performance standards.
- Record and respond to partner and client inquiries resolving exceptions related to accounts.
- Value funds on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- Provide client portfolio and reporting.
- Serve as a resource to clients, partners, and members of the team for clarity, understanding, and information regarding your relationships.
- Utilize knowledge of client needs and business operations to assist with special requests of clients or other partner areas.
- Be part of all transitions, conversions and plan changes for each of your clients. i.e. Attend all meetings and stay involved with transition from start to finish.
- Assist Technical Coordinator in the nightly NAV review process.
Bachelor’s degree in Business preferred or relevant work experience in Fund Accounting or Mutual Fund Accounting. New grads with a Business degree may be considered. Strong Excel skills and usage of a Macro/Access is plus.
Experience in Sun-Guard Systems (Invest-One) is a plus.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.