Senior Consultant, Fund Admin, HFS
The job involves working for Northern trust Hedge Fund Services, a Global fund administrator, specializing in administering assets of complex hedge funds. The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function as an effective and strategic member in a dynamic, fast-paced and demanding environment. This individual will have a strong technical Accounting background, experience working within the Financial Services industry and a proven track record of working well with and leading others. The Senior Consultant role will be part of our Financial Control team dedicated to servicing a global, multi-strategy hedge fund with several billion dollars in assets under management from an Accounting and Financial Reporting standpoint.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review month end net asset valuation packages, perform and review investor allocations, and generate and review investor statements
- Prepare and review year-end Financial Statements and work directly with external auditors and client to ensure accuracy of each fund’s annual reports
- Interact with client and other Hedge Fund Services shared teams to obtain understanding of funds’ activities on a month to month basis
- Work closely with technology resources to problem solve and improve processes that increase scalability
- Assist with the accounting responsibilities related to new fund launches
- Assist in building a high-performance team through learning, development and recruiting
- Participate within Financial Control working groups responsible for executing strategic initiatives
- Work integrally with international partners to troubleshoot queries related to the compilation of the month end net asset valuation packages
- Participate and present the month-end analytic package to client’s Global Controller and Financial Control staff
Knowledge / Skills:
- Leadership / Problem Solving – Strong ability to function as a participating member of a collective team effort. Volunteering time when available, helping/guiding others, etc. Also able to work and learn independently, to build off past experiences and troubleshoot. Partner should be able to articulate some of the hardest problems they have faced and how they have solved them.
- Business Expertise / Accounting Knowledge – Exceptional knowledge of clients business (asset management) and relevant components to see the "big picture" of the why tasks are performed.
- Job Functional Knowledge / Technical Skills – Strong ability to utilize technology and conceptual/practical knowledge to perform work duties. Experience with Citadel systems, PBI, advanced Excel skills preferred.
- Interpersonal Skills / Communication - Ability to explain difficult or sensitive information and communicate effectively with internal and client contacts.
- General Profile / Prioritization - Ability to recognize critical needs and prioritizing vs. non urgent items, while not losing sight of either. Ability to manage multiple tasks and escalate when work is at risk.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience
- Experience with Investment Management and/or Financial Services; Hedge Fund specific a plus
- CPA a pus
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Accounting, Master’s degree a plus
- Big 4 public accounting experience a plus
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.