Management / Financial Accountant
Our client is a highly respected and well-known not-for-profit organisation based in the CBD with a culture of truly valuing their staff. If you have had enough of big corporates who focus only on the bottom line, then this is an organisation you will feel proud to work for.
Reporting to a knowledgeable and friendly Financial Controller, this business is known for investing in their staff and providing mentoring at all levels.
As a business they believe in a healthy work-life balance and allow the team to combine working from home and the office.
As the Management / Financial Accountant your role will be broad and varied. Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Management reporting and analysis
- Preparation of management accounts
- Budgeting and forecasting including analysing and reporting variances, anomalies, discrepancies, and identifying trends
- Business partnering and regular liaison with senior leaders across the business
- Creation and maintenance of Power BI reports
- Project costing
- Financial planning, and analysis along
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts and assisting in the external audit
- Treasury management and Investment accounting
- Working as part of the wider finance team on general accounting activities such as month end and year end
- Assisting with ad hoc projects as required
To be considered for this Management / Financial Accountant role, you will possess the following attributes:
- Be a professionally qualified accountant (e.g. CA / CPA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent)
- Proven prior experience and knowledge in the areas of budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis is a pre-requisite
- Have previous experience working in a broad Accounting role
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills to enable effective business partnering with senior managers (i.e. explaining financials to non-finance stakeholders)
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and have a positive and upbeat attitude
- Those with experience of Power BI or an equivalent tool that are systems savvy will be looked upon favourably.
If you are keen to find out more about this Management / Financial Accountant position, please contact David Landau at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5641, quoting reference 6360 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.