Our client is a well-known financial services business with a global presence. Locally they are a medium sized organisation with a finance team of six people.
Led by a friendly and charismatic Head of Finance, the team is welcoming, collaborative and talented. They allow a combination of working from home and the office and enjoy a great team culture. So far during 2021 they have driven through numerous process improvement initiatives and continuously strive to find smarter ways to get things done.
Based in the heart of Sydney’s CBD in modern offices, they are currently on the lookout for a talented Financial Accountant that wants to work in a fast-paced environment on an initial 12 month contract. This role has become available due to an internal shuffle allowing a team member capacity to focus on a major project.
Your role as Financial Accountant will be broad whilst working in a collaborative manner with your team. Reporting in to the Finance Manager, your duties will include (not limited to):
- Support month-end and quarter-end closing and reporting including:
- HFM upload, retrieve and reconciliation
- Complete information package in HFM and variance analysis
- Internal capitalisation posting, reporting and variance analysis
- IFRS 16 Lease accounting
- KPI Reporting
- Quarterly Sales bonus calculation
- Cashflow reporting
- General Ledger Account Reconciliation
- Assist with year-end audit and statutory accounts
- Other ad-hoc tasks / projects
In order to be considered for this Financial Accountant role you must meet the following criteria:
- Professionally qualified as an Accountant (e.g. CA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent)
- Have a ‘can-do’ attitude and a willingness to take on a broad role coupled with excellent attention to detail
- Significant prior month end close experience clearly demonstrated on your CV
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Prior experience with HFM is an advantage however is not a pre-requisite.
If you are keen to apply for this Financial Accountant contract role, please contact David Landau at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5641, quoting reference 6361 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.