Financial Reporting Team Leader
Our regional finance hubs are centres of expertise, working together as one finance team to share best practice and knowledge, working closely with other markets and colleagues from our global headquarters in London.
As the Financial Reporting Team Leader – Corporate Sundry, reporting into the Senior Manager Corporate Sundry & Directors’ Remuneration, you will manage Corporate Sundry actuals, planning and forecasting leading a team of two accountants and oversee the work of one off-shore Analyst in Genpact.
This is a high-profile role with regular interaction with senior stakeholders including the Group Financial Controller. Corporate Sundry includes costs which by their nature may be difficult to allocate to a specific business unit, or costs that have been incurred centrally and require recharging to the business. Corporate Sundry costs include UK/US Pensions, UK/US Long-term Incentives, UK/US Insurance and Global Health Programmes.
How you will contribute to our success:
- Manage the coordination and consolidation of month end, quarter end and year end finance activities including:
- Month end Accruals
- Review and approval of balance sheet reconciliations for Corporate Sundry related accounts
- Provide meaningful variance analysis on significant movements
- Prepare and manage the Corporate Sundry monthly performance pack for review by the FD and for ultimate discussion with the Group FC on WD6
- Prepare the correct accounting treatment for new Corporate Sundry spend for review and approval
- Maintain effective communication with the Business, Markets, Regions and Corporate finance teams regarding all aspects of reporting
- Insurance – Be the Finance Business Partner for the Corporate Insurance team and support them with their actuals and forecasts
- Forecasting and Budgeting - Prepare and manage Corporate Sundry monthly forecasts, Update1, Update 2, and Plan
- Compliance and Control – Ensure all controls are adhered to including internal Sarbanes Oxley compliance, and managing the external audit of Corporate Sundry
- Process Improvements – Improve current and proposed ways of working along with any ad hoc project activities as required from time to time
- Team management – Leading, coaching and development of two direct reports and one offshore analyst in Genpact.
Ideally, we are looking for a Financial Reporting Team Leader with the below:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in finance and accounting
- Working knowledge of IFRS
- Experience of working in a corporate environment
- Excellent organization skills and accuracy with attention to detail
- Ability to influence and build relationships
- Fluent English (minimum C1)
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Previous experience of accounting principals for Group Employer Pensions and Share Based Payments.
- Good knowledge of GSK systems including SAP, Bison and Cadency.
- Outside of the box thinking and problem-solving skills.
How you will be rewarded:
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Possibility of developing within the role and company’s structure
- Additional benefits (bonus plan, medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund)
- Access to newest technologies and solutions
- Integration events
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.