Business Analyst, Officer
Who we are looking for
State Street’s Alpha Services Client Reporting Team offers a full suite of reporting services required by the most sophisticated Investment Managers. We gather data from multiple sources internally and externally from - IBOR, ABOR, performance, market data vendors and client supplied data, which runs through a robust workflow to produce end client reports or provides insights via data visualization. We are a self-service report development team who has taken the initiative to meet the most complex reporting requirements for the entire bank.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Business Analyst you will
- Participate in the design, development and support dashboards and reporting for State Street Alpha Services
- Participate in projects in design, implementation and testing of dashboards/reports. Work with operations, client, and technology to deliver various projects
- Develop data and functional requirements and assist in the creation of related estimates and dashboards/reports using different source applications
- Participate in information delivery and business intelligence strategy sessions
- Complete data analysis, profiling, and data mappings
- Interface with data experts, data sourcing resources and assist in the data validation process and write queries
- Assist in the development the conceptual/logical data models with appropriate business contexts
- Perform data gap analysis on complex financial data
- Serve as a subject matter expert across the organization and assist users with adhoc dashboard/report construction queries and researching issues on existing data, query tools, and reports
- Ensure project activity is customer focused, results oriented, performance driven, and in compliance with all applicable internal and external requirements
- Employ analytical, conceptual, and creative thinking skills to improve performance
- Support user training, documentation, and rollout
- Maintain effective working relationships with organizational team and clients
- Program in Flash and HTML5 to create and maintain existing dashboards
- Design dashboards and cross connect different components
- Knowledge of State Street Proprietary Dashboard Designer Platform, preferred
- Develop and execute database queries and perform analyses
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Demonstrated excellence in business writing, development of business process flow diagrams, making comparisons regarding current and future processes, and effective communication
- Ability to analyze entity-relationship diagrams and logical data models to validate design against requirements
- Familiarity with financial reporting, business intelligence, and data warehousing principles
- Understanding of BI/reporting tool architecture, functions, and features
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for diverse audiences with excellent facilitation
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, MIS, Information Technology, or related field of study
- Ability to articulate basic project methodology concepts using either SDLC or Agile
- 4 years of experience data analysis, dashboard design and development
- Ability to write SQL code for strong data analysis through queries, data profiling, and data validation exercises
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No Intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training's
- Technical workshops
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.