Senior Analyst, Fees & Billing
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We strive to have a globally diverse workforce where engagement and inclusion drive business excellence. We believe in the power of collaborative partnerships and are proud to work with a number of organisations across EMEA who provide us with ongoing knowledge, education and insights to support our efforts.
We monitor our progress by participating in market benchmarks which assess industry best practice and are delighted to have received a Silver Award from the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index over two consecutive years, and a Gold Award from the UK Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Senior Analyst, fees and billing, Limerick
This is a role for a Senior Fee Analyst within an established International Finance Operations team.
The successful individual will be based in Limerick and will report to a local UK Non Custody Fees Team Leader, based in Ireland.
As part of the Fees Division, the Sr. Analyst role is responsible for the complex aspects of Accounts Receivable, from set-ups, generation of all period-end invoicing for designated clients, cash application, account openings and closing audits, to billing related special projects. This role serves as one of the primary contacts for all fee related calculations, analysis and inquiries from our business partners. The Sr. Analyst must accurately and efficiently complete all assigned fee related tasks and responsibilities, demonstrate a firm understanding of our processes, the risk associated with them, their impact to the Bank’s financial statements and to our clients. The Sr. Analyst will investigate billing issues as they arise and drive them to resolution to ensure we provide accurate and timely billing. The Sr. Analyst will adhere to the compliance guidelines and internal auditing requirements of the Bank and assist the Fee Leadership Team with ensuring best practices are being followed.
We are currently working remotely in line with COVID guidelines but recognise the benefits of collaborating in the office environment. Once government restrictions allow, we expect to work in a hybrid model with opportunities to work from home part of each week.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsible for timely and accurate calculation of client billing for complex clients across Northern Trust entities working to strict reporting deadlines.
- Active control of initial set-up and ongoing maintenance of client static data, ensuring correct interpretation of legal documented arrangements.
- Responsible for timely preparation, calculation, input and completion of revenue billing and accruals as part of the month end close process. Investigation, interpretation and commentary on associated variances for senior management review within Finance dept.
- Support the client services/ relationship teams in the collection of fee debtors in on a timely basis in line with agreed company, and recording payments as received with relevant management of cash system,
- Backing the New Business, Client Services, and Operations Teams to ensure all new / terminated business is captured in full, correctly accrued and invoiced within agreed timelines for assigned Clients.
- Timely communication and escalation of billing delays / issues with clients and internal partners, Client Services and Relationship management teams
- Participate as Subject Matter Expertise in all fees related changes and projects.
- Regular liaison and development of strong relationships with Client Services and the wider Business.
- Provide cover across the billing team for billing packs, daily tasks, and also support for queries as required.
- Responsibility for Client / Business / Finance queries ensuring timely resolution, documentation and escalation, as appropriate.
- Take ownership of the assigned task under your remit, including complex client queries and support other partners in driving solutions to all billing challenges.
- Ensure adherence and support to SOX and audit (internal & external) requirements. Continually asses current standard and look to improve and strengthen controls with constant focus on process improvement and everyday efficiency.
- Complete ad hoc / project work as required within deadlines agreed
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Experience in a billing and accounts receivable function of a multinational organisation is preferable
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment meeting strict deadlines, (daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual).
- Capacity to assess issues, identify solutions and problem solve on a timely basis.
- Proven ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment.
- In depth advanced level of IT skills notably MS Excel.
- Experience in a compliance focussed environment.
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and attention to detail, an eye for accuracy.
- Strong client focus and exceptional relationship building skills.
- Planning, organisational, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Capability to partner effectively with peers, management, business and overseas partners.
- Flexible approach towards changing work methods, deadlines and variable workloads.
- The aptitude to work autonomously in a professional manner.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
- We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.