From global institutions to hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instrument in all the world’s financial markets. Morgan Stanley professionals use our network and technology to provide liquidity and sophisticated analysis, to manage risk and execute reliably in the fast-changing markets.
The Fixed Income Division (FID) is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manage risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading
Data strats are responsible for the data strategy across the FID business for all data types focusing on consistent data access, search functionality, data quality and controls, and meta data:
- Quantitative support which involves
- Support of various Python-based reports used by the desk
- build UI/dashboards
- Development tasks where needed (Python / KdB, Q)
- Understanding of Fixed income products/Financial products is essential
- Understanding of data analytics
- Experience with Python is essential
- Familiarity with data science packages helpful
- Experience with KDB/Q is ideal
- Clear communication in English is required
- Ability to work independently
- Attitude of automating tasks and creating zero-intervention workflows is ideal
- Demonstrable experience of writing testable code in a financial setting is essential.