SPG Support Role
From global institutions to hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instrument in all the world’s financial markets. Morgan Stanley professionals use our network and technology to provide liquidity and sophisticated analysis, to manage risk and execute reliably in the fast-changing markets.
The Fixed Income Division (FID) is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manage risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading
Global Markets Group is the offshoring arm of Morgan Stanley’s Sales & Trading businesses in India. It covers functions across FID and Institutional Equities Division (IED) ranging from those associated with sales, trading, analytics, strats to risk management.
The role is based out of Mumbai and requires working with the New York and London SPG Lending Teams. The role will require a fast-learning, dynamic, pro-active and self-motivated person to assist the team in maintaining, tracking and analyzing business activity
The role involves working on –
- Support the business in regulatory reporting (e.g., CCAR, ongoing submissions)
- Collaborate between the business unit and supporting functions
- Support the COO team in analysis to drive business planning,strategy and key priorities
- Create meaningful analysis to aid SPG Lending management’s strategic decisions
- Assist in presentations for senior management on performance metrics and key initiatives
- Assist development of web-based management reporting tools
- Calculate transaction-level profitability metrics
- Monitor resources used (capital, liquidity, etc.) and key performance metrics
Skill set required:
We are looking for a confident and outgoing person, who has exceptional attention to detail and is proactive in taking initiative. Successful candidates will have a proven work experience at least 3+ years in SPG products.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and modelling skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment
- Pro-active and results oriented mind-set
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and across organizational boundaries