Senior Manager - Financial Risk and Treasury Accounting
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Working with every department at BDO, our Finance team helps us meet relevant legal requirements that ensure our firm operates effectively in a tightly-regulated field. They implement strategies that help us innovate – like combining new technology with traditional financial processes to make us even more digital. As part of this friendly team, you’ll enjoy flexible hours and have opportunities to take responsibility for the delivery of quality work. With your colleagues behind you, you’ll embrace change, new ideas and have an impact on the future of our firm.
We’ll help you succeed
This senior role within the Financial Accounting team will be responsible for two main areas, financial risk management and the more complex accounting standards affecting the Group. Leading these areas will require developing a broad understanding of BDO and would suit those with an inquiring mind, always ready to learn more about the Group and the way we do business.
Managing a single direct report, the first major purpose of this role is to identify financial risks and formulate appropriate and efficient mitigation and reporting strategies in response to those risks. You will play a key role in the constant improvement of the Finance Team and de-risking of the organisation. The categories include capital, credit, interest, foreign exchange and liquidity risks.
Cash flow forecasting, reporting, treasury and variance analysis will be an important part of your teams’ responsibilities. Evaluation of ad hoc investment decisions will also be required, as necessary. The second major purpose is to accurately and efficiently account for areas with complex accounting. Specifically, IFRS16, IFRS9, IAS19 and professional indemnity insurance accounting.
We aim to offer ever improving service levels to our internal customers and to be successful in the role, a desire to constantly improve and implement positive change will be essential. The key objectives of the BDO LLP Finance department are:
- to protect and enhance the Department and the Firm’s reputation through rigorous compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements,
- to enable the business to improve decision making through the provision and interpretation of accurate, timely and relevant management information,
- to support the business with accurate, timely and efficient transaction processing, and
- to adopt a digital mindset to enable our people to develop our processes to become more efficient and to utilise technology solutions to continuously improve.
In this role you will:
- Be a key banking contact, support refinancing activities with sophisticated group cashflow modelling, regularly updating the master model for budgets and forecasts.
- Monitor and manage the organisation's bank relationships and liquidity management.
- Manage foreign currency exposure.
- Analyse various scenarios and risks and reporting to senior management.
- Forecast of medium and long- term funding and hedging requirements (if any).
- Interest rate risk management and development of risk mitigation strategies.
- Foreign exchange risk management and development of foreign exchange risk mitigation strategies.
- Take ownership of IFRS16, IFRS9, IAS19 and PI accounting.
- Liaising with senior management across the Finance team.
- Manage cashflow forecasts and ensure compliance with banking covenants.
- Proactively drive necessary process and reporting improvements across the Finance department which automate and add value and identify advantageous market conditions or possibilities.
- Identify process weaknesses or errors and highlight these to senior management together with proposed solutions.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Qualified Accountant – CIMA, ACA or ACCA – 3-5 years PQE or equivalent.
- Confident in researching and implementing complex accounting standards.
- Understanding and experience of treasury accounting including FX, liquidity, cashflow and various financial instruments.
- Sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Strong understanding of financial markets, financial instruments and debt instruments.
- Knowledge of banking relationships and covenants
- Ability to work autonomously and be part of the broader team.
- Strong client relationship management and customer service skills.
- Experience of working in a professional services environment highly desirable.
- Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint knowledge.
- Strong analytical and numerical ability – able to analyse and interpret data and evaluate
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- Private Medical Insurance
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.