We’re Kerry Foods – a leading name in the global food industry, and a distinctly individual business. We’re home to incredible brands, over 6000 brilliant people and big ambitions. Our products, many of which are household favourites, are eaten by millions of people every day. Your energy, enthusiasm and fresh thinking could help us reach millions more.
More than 25,000 people have careers with Kerry. From Food Science to Manufacturing, our jobs help nourish and delight consumers around the globe. Kerry is committed to leading to better in everything we do. We strive for better taste and nutrition, better sustainability, better career opportunities and ultimately, a better world.
Everyday millions of people throughout the world consume food or beverage products containing our taste and nutrition solutions.
As the world leader in taste and nutrition, our Purpose is to Inspire Food and Nourish Life.
Our Purpose is central to The Kerry Way and serves as our guiding light on our journey to make it easier and more valuable for customers to do business with us, as we seek to make a greater, more lasting difference in the world by inspiring innovative, natural and sustainable taste and nutrition solutions for consumers, customers, the industry and the world.
Inspiring Food, Nourishing Life puts food, drink and wellbeing front and centre. Food matters. It brings people together, across cultures, countries and generations. Food is heritage, happiness and health. Food is family and friends. Food is life.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Plant Controller to join the Kerry Taste and Nutrition team in Grasse, France.
The Plant Controller principal role is to provide financial reporting for their plant and provide financial support to the Plant Manager and business through finance business partnering. Works collaboratively with Plant Leadership team and the business to ensure costs are optimised and managed and implements finance best practices within their plant. The expectation is that this individual has the ability to deputise for the Plant Manager, hence having the ability to understand the full breadth of plant activity.
This is a Permanent Role.
- Product/Process costing – ensuring that yields, labour and direct overhead standards reflect the true cost of manufacture. Working with the Plant, Business and Process teams to resolve any differences.
- Regular contact with production and operational teams – to improve costing process where necessary and to reflect any required changes in the systems
- Ensuring that actual costs are recovered within reported product costs and that variances are identified, investigated and actioned with the Plant team.
- Provision of weekly detailed and top level KPI reports for the plant. Review of KPI data with operations to identify performance improvement opportunities.
- Stock management and reporting including stock reconciliations and control of stock write-offs.
- General ledger reviews - review and control of postings to plant cost centres.
- Capital control – evaluate proposals, monitor spend and review with the Plant team to ensure projects are delivered within the approved value.
- Budget and projection cost preparation – working with the Plant team to establish a robust bottom up budget including documented profit improvement plans.
- Proposing and evaluating cost saving / profit enhancing, continuous improvement or system enhancement opportunities.
- Key owner of master data and product standards information, alongside audit of SAP use and processes to facilitate optimised use of SAP system.
- Be the key link with procurement at site in the review and analysis of third-party service contracts and the value they bring.
- Ad hoc projects/ reporting.
Qualifications and skills
- Qualified Accountant
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Approximately 5 + years’ experience within a manufacturing/operations accounting field
- Experience in leadership & management within a manufacturing/FMCG environment
- Experience working in a SAP environment (preferable)
Key Success Factors
- Business and Performance management
- Good Communication skills and Knowledge Sharing
- Technical and Functional Excellence
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and skilled in the use Excel essential
- Drive and Determination
- Relationship Building and an ability to operate in a matrix environment
- Good team player
- Highly self-motivated hence able to manage own and department work load, prioritise, recognise and initiate opportunity/projects, intuitively support team and meet challenging deadlines
- English language (written & spoken) at a competent level is essential
- French language (written & spoken) preferable but not essential
- Experience of influencing a team including peers is essential
- Has good attention to detail, ability to recognise key metrics which define performance and ability to balance short/long term priorities
- Has the ability to understand and simplify complex operational processes, a complex supply chain environment, and to measure its associated costs.
Take a look at what’s going on at Kerry Foods on our LinkedIn page or follow us on Instagram and Facebook @kerryfoodsofficial
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.