Senior Consultant, Risk (Northern Trust Asset Management)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We strive to have a globally diverse workforce where engagement and inclusion drive business excellence. We believe in the power of collaborative partnerships and are proud to work with a number of organisations across EMEA who provide us with ongoing knowledge, education and insights to support our efforts.
We monitor our progress by participating in market benchmarks which assess industry best practice and are delighted to have received a Silver Award from the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index over two consecutive years, and a Gold Award from the UK Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Based in Dublin, the role is for a Risk Management Senior Consultant to fulfil the CBI Pre-Controlled Function (PCF) of Designated Person (DP) for Operational Risk Management (PCF39B).
The incumbent will operate within a successful Fund ManCo, reporting to the Regional Chief Risk Officer, the role offers excellent exposure to someone looking to further develop their career focusing on UCITS management companies, portfolio management and individual portfolio management activity.
The DP risk management role is responsible for effective risk management policies, procedures and processes to identify, measure, manage and monitor all relevant risks; ensuring that risks are managed within agreed appetite limits set; and reporting on those risks as appropriate.
The incumbent will provide consultation and advice on risk related matters whilst maintaining close working relationships with the key stakeholders to provide alignment with policies and approaches across the business. This role will act as the primary local contact for Operational Risk Management queries, and work as part of the global NTAM Risk team.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage the implementation of and ongoing adherence with the Risk Framework, including periodic review of the risk management framework.
- Monitor operational risk themes, incident trends and Risk Appetite statements through management information and onward escalation.
- Conducts risk incident investigations and lessons learnt analysis, produces thematic reviews and reports outcomes to local and global risk oversight forums. Provide independent advice and recommendations on risk issues to the first line on treatment on errors.
- Supports regional Chief Risk Officer in Prudential Risk and ICAAP related processes; liaising with specialists in prudential risk, liquidity risk and legal entity risk reporting, as well as regulators, and internal & external auditors.
Skills/ Experience Required:
- Familiarity with the CBI regulatory environment around Management Companies and underlying funds is beneficial
- Experience or ability to develop experience of operational and investment risk processes an advantage
- Sound understanding of investment management products and services.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to make change happen based on experience and knowledge of operational risk challenges.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the immediate team and broader Risk function and lead initiatives that support the business.
- Confidence and ability to challenge and influence the decision makers at all levels within the business.
- Ability to communicate complex risk findings in a simple manner to enable others to understand and apply to their roles.
- Several years of Risk Management (or equivalent) experience.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.