Finance Manager, Planning & Analysis
Why apply for this role?
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager to join our planning and stress-testing team within Central Finance
You'll be a motivated self-starter - keen to help drive the planning processes forward, to deliver quality financial insight and influence future strategic decision-making to improve the bank's performance.
This is a unique opportunity allowing for exposure to senior stakeholders, as well as receiving a full overview of the bank as a whole and how it operates. You'll have the opportunity to see the commercial side of finance; understanding what senior management are focussing on, and why.
If you're someone who's performed a similar role already, this is the perfect opportunity to develop your career.
What you'll be doing
- Financial forecasting, including budgeting, stress-testing and scenario sensitivity analysis
- Modelling of the bank's strategic plan
- Producing financial insight and analysis and ensuring that the correct decisions are taken to ensure the financial success of the bank
- Building, developing and maintaining effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Producing reporting packs and slide-decks for multiple audiences, including Board, Exco and Madrid
- Being control focused to maintain integrity of all reports and models
What we're looking for
- Commercial awareness of what the bank does and understand the business units, the products we sell and how we make money
- Organised with good stakeholder management
- Good PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Ability to explain complicated concepts in a simple way and strong analytically
- Previous experience of working in a planning or stress-testing environment is desirable
- CIMA / ACCA qualified (or other relevant professional qualification) or significant experience in a commercial background
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
This is a permanent position.
How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. We have an inclusive culture that aims to make all colleagues feel they belong and can succeed at Santander, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.