Executive Director Surveillance and Enforcement
- Ensure the disposal of the existing complaints at the Investigation Committee (“IC”) and new cases.
- Managing referral to Disciplinary Committee (“DC”).
- Managing referral to Disciplinary Appeal Board (“DAB”).
- Managing Judicial Reviews
- Managing debt recovery cases
- Organisation of the Enforcement training for new members of IC, DC and DAB and dialogue sessions with members.
- Attending meetings of Management Committee, Steering Committees, Secretariat, meetings of IC, Oversight Committee and Council as and when required.
- Visit and/or conduct meetings with representatives of other regulatory bodies (e.g. Bursa, SSM, BNM, SC, MOF etc.) and professional bodies as and when required and engagement session with members.
- Preparation of legal opinions and contracts involving the Institute
- Assist in the final phase of the new Accountants Act in line with CSAP Proposal
- Monitoring reviews and disposal of Financial Statements Review and CPE Compliance cases.
- Regulating non-compliance of CPE requirement for Audit License and PC renewal applications
- Monitoring the Surveillance and disposal of practice review cases and managing effective communication on new practice review framework (timely reporting).
- Monitoring Bogus Accountants and initiating preventive action.
- Managing the administrative works of the division inclusive of supervision of staff, the review of their work and monitoring their continuous development and timely reporting on enforcement updates