Junior Investment Solutions Group Portfolio Management Analyst with State Street Global Advisors
Junior Investment Solutions Group Portfolio Management Analyst with State Street Global Advisors, Officer
Who we are looking for
The role of the Portfolio Management Analyst is to provide investment support to the portfolio management team of the Investment Solutions Group with a specific focus:
- Portfolio monitoring and management
- Portfolio analytics and research
- Team support
This role would be based in Krakow, Poland and will provide support to ISG investment teams in EMEA, North America and Asia Pacific.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Junior Investment Solutions Group Portfolio Management Analyst you will be:
- Assisting investment managers in the preparation and monitoring of daily cash flow and rebalancing activity for portfolios
- Providing assistance in the management of asset class fund of funds and strategic asset allocation portfolios
- Monitoring cash and FX positions to avoid overdraft and alert PMs
- Monitor portfolio positions in line with guidelines, risk and position limits and escalate promptly to managers deviations
- Developing and maintaining portfolio oversight reports – performance and exposures for management oversight and non-standard, mandate-specific requirements
- Custom client reporting, ad hoc client inquiries
- Investment review of underlying building blocks with a specific focus on fund (including ETF) monitoring – vendor concentration, cost effectiveness, consistency of performance results
- Meeting with and providing information to fund managers; this might include summaries of research, investment ideas, key events from the proceeding day as well as key drivers for the day/week ahead
- Maintaining dashboards, building meeting report packages, preparing periodic fund/strategy commentary and providing them to relevant stakeholders
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Initiative, flexibility and innovation
- Maintaining knowledge of market and economic trends
- Knowing various investment types, such as mutual funds, stocks and bonds
- Understanding risks associated with investing
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Accounting, Economics, Finance, Mathematics
- 3+ years working in a financial institution or a finance-specific industry
- Programming skills (VBA and Matlab)
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to further study and increase qualifications
- Language skills and a global mind-set - for international organisations
- Possess CFA certification or committed to reach the CFA certification in the short term (1-3 years)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, VBA and PowerPoint
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.