LdAnlyst, Fin Plan&Analy
The Lead Analyst – Asset Servicing - FP&A provides business, financial, and/or systems analysis and reporting support for FMA Processes. The analyst is accountable to deliver moderately complex analytics and reporting support for their line of business. S/he plays an integral role providing support for the development of period end commentary, variance analyses, and reporting; supporting KPI metrics tracking and scorecard reporting, providing capital planning, project planning, and budget management support.
This role will be supporting the Asset Servicing LOB, which include services (Custody, Investor solutions, Structured Products, Middle Office, etc.,). All businesses have a global footprint, with complex products and services to help BNYM clients succeed.
The analyst will collaborate with senior members of the team and the business line CFO to work on ad-hoc requests and present financial information.
S/he may be called upon to contribute to or perform analysis of moderately complex financial transactions, budgeting, forecasting, planning, reporting, general ledger accounts, operating performance, profitability, and industry/competitor outcomes and trends
In addition to ad hoc requests and special project assignments, the Analyst might be called on to perform moderately complex analyses of: - financial performance, e.g. actual revenues and expenses vs. forecasted/planned revenues and expenses - decision support for a prospective business opportunity or new product offerings - competitive performance, e.g. key performance indicators for BNYM as compared to its competition - profitability analysis of products offered and customers served - comparative analytics, period to period - variances in connection with the close
S/he will also develop and deliver approved process documentation and training content to the knowledge management for publication.
S/he will be an individual contributor who can also help and guide other team members. S/he reporting to the respective business manager locally or in remote locations
- To support and deliver Financial Planning, Reporting & Analysis tasks for Asset Servicing
- To provide high quality information for decision making by proving financial, cost revenue analysis
- To provide quality decision support through variance, competitor analysis, forecast and budget support etc.,
- To support partners in driving revenue generation, revenue recognition, determining margins
Bachelor Degree in a financial discipline such as accounting, finance, statistics, or economics; or local country equivalent is required. MBA; or local country equivalent is preferred. Professional qualification like CA, CMA or equivalent certification issued by local area Licensing body would be an added advantage
Skills & Experience
- 5 plus years of experience in accounting or finance
- 3 plus years of experience in budgeting, planning, forecasting, cost allocations, financial analysis and modeling. Business intelligence
- Superb communication skills - Strong written and oral communications skills
- Self-starter – Should drive change on their own with minimal direction needed
- Analytical – Ability to easily dive into very arcane details on allocations and bring it up to the appropriate level of audience they are communicating with
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Confident and calm demeanor with ability to perform under pressure and handle difficult situations
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Proficiency with reporting tools like MAQ, ESSBASE, HFM, Cognos, Power BI etc.,
- Proficiency with SAP, PeopleSoft or other relative ERP/ accounting tools
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.