Senior Management Accountant
We are looking for an ambitious, motivated and professional CCAB part-qualified management accountant to join the Finance team, which won the HFMA Kent, Surrey & Sussex Finance Team of the year award in 2020.
You will have extensive experience of working in a management accounts team within a large complex organisation and will be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products.
Excellent Excel skills are essential for this role, as well as experience of working with a computerised ledger system. You will also need excellent communication skills and be able to prioritise tasks to successfully meet deadlines.
Your role will be to work with a Finance Business Partner to produce accurate and timely financial management information, support the production of cost improvement plans, financial forecasts and month end reports as well as meeting with budget holders to provide professional advice on a regular basis.
Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will be able to clearly demonstrate how they use their initiative to improve and streamline financial processes.
Other key duties :
- Interface payroll transactions into the finance ledger
- Provide an excellent management accounting service to budget holders and senior managers to enable the achievement of financial targets and inform decision making
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with senior colleagues and staff internal and external to KCHT
- Use financial, performance and workforce data to understand and contextualise financial variances
- Produce accurate monthly reports including the calculation and input of accruals and prepayments, with full variance analysis
- Proactively work with other accountants to streamline processes by utilising the capabilities of the ledger system and Excel
- Maintain invoicing register and ensure invoices are raised regularly and accurately for all the trust’s contracts.
- Reconcile and maintain trust reserves