Analyst, BU Finance
The Finance Business Unit Analyst will be responsible for the reporting, analysis and forecasting of investment management fees for the Northern Trust Asset Management (NTAM) business unit. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for leading complex value-added financial analysis projects, building annual sales and revenue plans, and providing financial reporting for the business unit.
- Point of contact and subject matter expert for NTAM business partners on range of topics, including but not limited to, investment management fees and product profitability. Individual will work very closely with business unit and finance partners in locations across the globe to ensure financial metrics are clearly communicated.
- Participate in the month-end accounting close and reporting processes, preparing analyses of results relative to prior year, prior month, and/or Plan, focusing on key business factors driving financial performance. Research variances to understand drivers of results, and respond to ad-hoc requests from the business unit for analysis and reporting.
- Assist ad hoc requests including, but not limited to, new business initiative financial modeling, industry analysis, and Executive level reporting
- Develop strong relationships and closely coordinates with business unit on sales/flows and new business reporting.
- Assists with annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes.
- Manages projects, including planning, organizing, and directing activities towards project goal completion, including ongoing enhancements to management reporting in order to provide key insights to the business unit.
- Financial and accounting knowledge with business acumen. Industry knowledge is beneficial.
- Competency in interpreting data and deriving meaningful insights & trends
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Results and detail oriented with ability to prioritize effectively and multi-task
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Experience developing management/board presentations is a plus.
- Self-motivated and intellectually curious with the ability to build relationships across diverse teams.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change.
- Demonstrate sound judgment, integrity and confidentiality
- Comfortable with business intelligence systems and analytical tools (Cognos, TM1, Hyperion etc.) and expertise in using Excel or similar tools to analyze and forecast complex financial line items. Experience with Tableau and/or PowerBI a plus.
1-3 years of relevant work experience in corporate finance, treasury, accounting or investment management related roles. Relevant degrees in Finance or Accounting preferred, though others will be considered. Previous experience in financial planning and forecasting is a plus.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.