Adviser, Tax and Statutory Compliance - EMEA
GSK is in the midst of an exciting period of investment and growth in its new European financial centre, located in Poznan and Warsaw, with almost 300 new employees joining to date.
The European financial centre is responsible for providing a wide range of business services to the European region, as part of a wider network of regional hubs around the globe. These centres of expertise work together as a One Finance team to support GSK’s global operating model by delivering best in class services, sharing best practice and knowledge and working closely with other markets and colleagues, supported by our global headquarters in London.
We are currently searching for talented, motivated and adaptable individuals to join our growing Global Tax team based in the European financial centre, supporting a wide range of activities for the European region.
We are looking for a Tax Compliance Adviser who would support the EMEA region on:
On the outsourcing engagement with provider for the region Be a point of contact for Tax and Stats services to the wider Finance community Provide updates where requested to Finance and Outsourced provider stakeholder
- Carry out the activities of the EMEA Compliance team as part of their business as usual
- Be the point of escalation for issues with Service Deliver within the region
- Act as the regional Tax and Stats representative for Global Tax directly with Finance Directors being their primary contact point
- Represent Tax and the outsourced provider at Country Finance Boards building a strong and collaborative relationship with Finance Directors and Support Function Finance Teams
- Identify process improvement areas that should be investigated by the GPO organization
- Engage with outsourced provider to resolve issues that arise and provide ongoing feedback to the relevant stakeholders of the issue
- Support as required on Tax Transformation projects ensuring the transition to BAU operations is as smooth as possible
- Oversee the external Audit country by country engagement with external Auditor ensuring timelines are kept and necessary updates provided
- Present KPIs for the outsourcing agreement to key engagement stakeholders within GSK
- Communicate on necessary updates to wider GSK finance teams in a clear and coherent manner
- 3- 5 years experience within a professional environment preferably with Tax or Statutory audit roles
- Extensive Tax Compliance knowledge with via a Professional Services firm or an in house compliance function
- Preferably big 4 experience with CTA and/or ACCA qualification
- Minimum university degree with specialisation in commerce/business/finance/accounting/tax
How you will be rewarded?
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Performance with choice - almost 80% work remotely
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Possibility of developing within the role and company’s structure
- Additional benefits (bonus plan, medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund)
- Access to newest technologies and solutions
- Integration events
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.